Carbon bike for R25 000?

Barkie

I need some advice. I can buy the following bike (frame new, components 2nd hand):

Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 frame (new) with new DRCV shock

SRAM X9

Juicy 5 brakes

LX Hallow Crank

Front derailleur: LX

Rear derailleur : SRAM X0

Rims: Fulcrum red metal 5

From shock: Fox float RL (120mm travel)

This all for R25 000

The frame is brilliant, but the components seems a bit mix and match?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some advice. I can buy the following bike (frame new, components 2nd hand):

Trek Fuel Ex 9.9 frame (new) with new DRCV shock

SRAM X9

Juicy 5 brakes

LX Hallow Crank

Front derailleur: LX

Rear derailleur : SRAM X0

Rims: Fulcrum red metal 5

From shock: Fox float RL (120mm travel)

This all for R25 000

The frame is brilliant, but the components seems a bit mix and match?

x-ray of BB included? :devil:

I sold a Tomac Snyper, mint condition, full XT and only about 6months old - for R15k :whistling:

Fair price. Same goes for Morewoods, Ibis', etc. But it needs full XT (at least) and a good frame. Whether the frame is new or not is irrelevant, once you sell to someone else it's secondhand no matter the amount of k's

I thought you were asking opinions on new bikes...

Agree with everyone here. Rip Off artist of note.

Yeah, so the 9.9 is carbon. Big whoop. I can get an On One carbon frame for 4.5k landed. Then that leaves you 20k for parts. Which, second hand, would give you an XT / X0 kitted bike with ZTR Flow / Spank Subrosa wheels and a REBA RLT Ti Solo Air fork & RP23 / RT3 rear can.

No comparison.

Mayhem im disapointed in your Reba RLT Ti, solo air? im going to sit in a corner and cry now. BTW guess what i stuck on my bike this week :D

I thought you were asking opinions on new bikes...

Agree with everyone here. Rip Off artist of note.

Yeah, so the 9.9 is carbon. Big whoop. I can get an On One carbon frame for 4.5k landed. Then that leaves you 20k for parts. Which, second hand, would give you an XT / X0 kitted bike with ZTR Flow / Spank Subrosa wheels and a REBA RLT Ti Solo Air fork & RP23 / RT3 rear can.

No comparison.

Forks... here you go with your REBA REBA REBA stories again... I read your posts and in 99% of them all I read is REBA...or REVELATION... you even called it a REVOLUTION the other day.... you gonna call your kid Reba (gir) or Revel (boy)????

;)

Edited by TheV

Forks... here you go with your REBA REBA REBA stories again... I read your posts and in 99% of them all I read is REBA...or REVELATION... you even called it a REVOLUTION the other day.... you gonna call your kid Reba (gir) or Revel (boy)????

;)

Why your suntour not letting you down yet?

TheV if I recall correctly you've got one of those sweeet FOX Factory 36 Kashima's don't you?