2013 Rocky Mountain Element 29er Carbon range

PHIL BUYS SPORTS

But seriously Never had a bike track so well, has that much acceleration, and on full open you get 0% pedal bob. Ive already found out they will sell frame kits and basically all but ordered mine :)

Huh?

tried a Yeti SB-anything, tried any Tomac's, tried any Turner's?

Spaz's?

Scott's?

Edited by TheV

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

tried a Yeti SB-anything, tried any Tomac's, tried any Turner's?

Spaz's?

Scott's?

Yes i have tested the spaz sworks, also the scott ellite, the giant athem, even tried a Santa and a Niner before i bought the rocky,none of them COME CLOSE!, sure some of them are lighter and blah blah blah,

You have to compare apples with apples, the yeti and those are AM bikes, what we are talking about here is a bike designed for some of the toughest trails in the world that still yields a race winning bike that can take you on any multiday stage race no hassles and all of that on 29" of rubber, and that my friend is the Rocky, Bikes like the Santas are good on trails but suck on long rides, where the spez is a really fast uncomfortable race bike and ok but not great on anything that doesnt resemble a gravel raod, and i hate the brain shock. But its just my humble opinion, climb on one and see if you ever want to ride your old bike again. My money is you wont even look at your old bike.

In translation here is the results of bikemag's yeti test,

http://www.bikemag.c...yeti-sb-66-pro/

Nowhere is there anything in that review that would excite me to get on it. (An i like yeti dont get me wrong) Nothing like this bike shreds, its awesome its great, its a marvel, best bike i have ridden to date? Nope oh look its a yeti with a new suspension design.

Edited by covie

I asked apparently they brining in framesets too ..... :clap:

Edited by covie

I asked apparently they brining in framesets too ..... :clap:

schweeeeeet might be worth a closer look for sure

Jup bringing in some Framesets as well!!! Great to see some other Real Rocky fans, best bike I have ever ridden!!!

I had to privilege to ride this baby earlier this week, although it was just in our parking lot, I wish it was still in my shop so I can get some gravel on them rubber!!!

post-4555-0-69664600-1338550026.jpg

The Element 970 RSL seems to be the butterzone imo....nice specs. I think its the one in your pic Ruan

Any chance of a test day in gauteng sometime?

schweeeeeet might be worth a closer look for sure

FOSHO!!! I love the ABC pivots and it is much stiffer than normal sealed cartridge bearings AND lighter AND cheaper to maintain AND more durable... AND and AND...

Jup bringing in some Framesets as well!!! Great to see some other Real Rocky fans, best bike I have ever ridden!!!

I had to privilege to ride this baby earlier this week, although it was just in our parking lot, I wish it was still in my shop so I can get some gravel on them rubber!!!

post-4555-0-69664600-1338550026.jpg

Not to mention black and yellow matches my kit :) I is now a happy boy.

The Element 970 RSL seems to be the butterzone imo....nice specs. I think its the one in your pic Ruan

Any chance of a test day in gauteng sometime?

Jip that is the 970RSL. We are busy organising a massive test day in Gauteng for the new 2013 range... Sometime during Sept/Oct.

Most of the 2012 test bikes are down in the WC...

Edited by RockyRuan

Jip that is the 970RSL. We are busy organising a massive test day for the new 2013 range... Sometime during Sept/Oct.

Most of the 2012 test bikes are down in the WC...

Done....will be there like a bear

@covie, which one did you get?

Have the element 930 with upgraded brakes Front shock and wheelset. So basically a element 950. The alu version is not the lightest in its price range but man never regreted the bit of extra weight one bit. Its just a fantastic bike. I use to love my anthem X and my other bikes but since i got this one i sold the rest, I just simply had no desire to ride them again.

So im really stoked that theres a carbon version comming out, I mean the alu is supper rigid cant wait to see what the plastic one handles like.

Not official since they havent hit shores yet, plus rand dolla exchange and all that but lets just say from 35kish all the way up to 85kish depending on your flavour.

Here's a reply I received from Hullabaloo earlier today...

First shipment will be in around mid September

No set pricing at the moment as this will be determined by exchange rates and logistical costs at time of shipping.

But here is a rough estimate

999 RSL R 82 000.00

970 RSL R 49 000.00

970 BC Edition R 48 500.00

950 RSL R 37 500.00

Here's a reply I received from Hullabaloo earlier today...

First shipment will be in around mid September

No set pricing at the moment as this will be determined by exchange rates and logistical costs at time of shipping.

But here is a rough estimate

999 RSL R 82 000.00

970 RSL R 49 000.00

970 BC Edition R 48 500.00

950 RSL R 37 500.00

Lol so you also mailed them, :) didnt want to post that on there because come delivery time and the prices dont match the ones posted above, half the hub is going to be in uproar since nobody will read the first sentence with the word Estimated.