It can be done!!

driewiel

I was lucky enough to ride the Royal Drakensberg ride at All Out Adventures on Sunday. What an awesome experience. We did the 20km ride (I have learned that the long distances are for the purists) which was challenging but fun. The start venue was fantastic, ROAG did a great job with entries etc, The goodie bag actually had some goodies in, and for an entry price of R90 we even got a long-sleeve T-shirt. Marshalling and route marking was top notch. We had five river crossings in the 20km ride, all singletrack, except for 1km on tar to get to Montusi. Water tables, or view points, were well stocked with lots of sweets and fruits, not just some water. The organisers did not arrange the views and the weather, but those were near perfect too. I could also book in the monsters, those not riding, into the Kids Zone. The cost was R50, but included snacks and drink, supervised play area, with zip lines and lots of other entertainment. We had a tough time dragging the kids away. In all the staff at All Out Adventures (and Chris in particular) did an amazing job. We will most certainly be back. Unfortunately you have to brave the R74 past Sterkfontein to get there from JHB, but the Royal Drakensberg Event is worth adding to your calender. There is a 45km ride as well, the guys looked fairly broken when they came back, so there is something for the purists too.