Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, my comments were purely based on the similarity between the registrations... Same web host, same area and a few other details (including the coincidence of being posted on Groupon on the same day and extreme lights having a link to Pyro lights on their website)... I hope you can see how I can draw the conclusion that it's likely to be the same person.

Just to clarify, my comments were purely based on the similarity between the registrations... Same web host, same area and a few other details (including the coincidence of being posted on Groupon on the same day and extreme lights having a link to Pyro lights on their website)... I hope you can see how I can draw the conclusion that it's likely to be the same person.

I can, this is why I'm thinking along the same lines. Why would Extreme Lights have a link to Pyros Lights on their website? Even the hub is mentioned. I smell a rat.

Seems its merely a combination of 2 light manufacturers however this is very detailed and not misleading at all

Groupon and ethics shouldn't be used in the same sentence...

My wife had a Groupon deal last week, so I know how they work.

Lets say your product costs R1000. To get a spot on Groupon you immediatelly have to discount it with 50%. So now you're down to R500. From THAT R500, Groupon negotiates a commission rate with you, which could by up to about 40%. So from your original selling price of R1000, you end up getting R300.

Ok, ethics might not be the proper word, it may be just be business, but my hell...

This is perfectly legal, but if not happy you do have the option to cancel the sale and they will refund you the money, so no hassles here guys, always remember prior to initial excitement of a good deal, read the fine print.

Guys, this is a multi billion dollar organisation that is listed on the new york stock exchange. Its unlikely they will ever scam you.

Seems its merely a combination of 2 light manufacturers however this is very detailed and not misleading at all

Not when my invoice is telling me Pyro Lights, not Extreme Lights as it should.

Guys, this is a multi billion dollar organisation that is listed on the new york stock exchange. Its unlikely they will ever scam you.

Are you telling me that multi- billion dollar companies don't scam people, are you havin a laugh? I was naive, it won't happen again thats for sure. First and last time I will deal with Groupon, just seeing the amount of complaints on Helloperter says a lot about a company and their supposed ethics. Edited by Caerus

I seriously doubt the term "pyro light" is copyrighted, hence as a marketing company they may have made a mistake terming all MTB lights sold as a pyro light?

Groupon and ethics shouldn't be used in the same sentence...

My wife had a Groupon deal last week, so I know how they work.

Lets say your product costs R1000. To get a spot on Groupon you immediatelly have to discount it with 50%. So now you're down to R500. From THAT R500, Groupon negotiates a commission rate with you, which could by up to about 40%. So from your original selling price of R1000, you end up getting R300.

Ok, ethics might not be the proper word, it may be just be business, but my hell...

Azonic its not an ethics thing, you basically pay for the marketing they provide you not buy forking out a couple 100 000 upfront, but by bying the exposure that they give you with a well established client base, for that yes you dont make a profit but you get your name out there, and you bring in a couple thousand clients and the idea being they then advertise further by word of mouth. Its a ingenius business principle hence their success.

This is perfectly legal, but if not happy you do have the option to cancel the sale and they will refund you the money, so no hassles here guys, always remember prior to initial excitement of a good deal, read the fine print.

Thanks to your support, the Groupon deal "Keep your dad on a well-lit path: Save up to 55% on Pyro LED cycling lights" was a success!

Would you agree that this is for a Pyro LED cycling light?

Are you telling me that multi- billion dollar companies don't scam people, are you havin a laugh?

Then why purchase online if you don't feel like you are dealing with honesty and integrity??

It was your option to purchase, however it was also your option to return the goods which i believe you are in the process of, so what exactly are we debating here?

The advert clearly listed the "other" manufacturer as a "extreme light" with a link to such website?

Then why purchase online if you don't feel like you are dealing with honesty and integrity??

It was your option to purchase, however it was also your option to return the goods which i believe you are in the process of, so what exactly are we debating here?

The advert clearly listed the "other" manufacturer as a "extreme light" with a link to such website?

From my side, the site said Extreme light however the order confirmation said Pyro LED cycling lights... to me personally that is two different brands.

Taken straight from pyrolights website..................

The word "Pyro" refers to 'fire' and 'heat' which, in essence, is what sets our lights apart.

Hence why i am saying read first.............the term pyro light is not copyrighted, its all about marketing, and clearly this is something they do well???

Edited by mikeMT