Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

the joy of online shopping! ;)

Only from sharks offering "a deal that's too good to be true". Always is too good to be true.

In this case what saving has the honest shopper made? On the 1000 he has paid 100 rondt more than he would have had the deal not been offered through GroupOn

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice the wording of all of these groupon/wicount/etc. type deals, they use the term "valued at" rather than "priced at". So you can't lay a complaint at the asa about the normal price not being what they claim the "valued at" to be. The % savings are grossly inflated most of the time.

I like the pay R99 for a R200 voucher ones. Buycycle, as an example, had one a few months ago.

Hopefully Groupon will sort this out and at the end of the day both buyer and seller are happy!

A lot of speculation going on as per normal on the hub!

What does Hannes Zietsman have to say about the situation?

He advertised the Groupon deal here on the Hub and on Facebook before it went live.

Has anyone made contact with him?

Well I don't know what your definition is of a scam. But this is not one. Pyrolights and Extremelights are two diffrent brand. Diffrent manfuactuers. Different target markets. Pyrolights are high quality lights that are unique. Where Extrmelights are the answer to the onetime rider that don't want anything fancy but just just a light that works.

Caerusv just got trigger happy and end it up buying a light that he, understandably, thought was a Pyrolight. But he got helped so the "scam" is resolved.

Everybody like a good conspiracy and I must say it was fun reading the comments. I just love the hub. you guys make my day.

Happy riding.

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

HAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry I had to do that because I recently dealt with Groupon and share your pain. In fact - I was about to write something very nasty on Facebook when Pyro announced there that they had sold stock to Groupon to sell as part of deals - something a long the lines of "Before you buy from Groupon, do yourself a favour and head to www.hellopeter.com and search for Groupon, and spot the happy faces". Then some form of compassion held me back, but now I wish I had warned everyone.

I recently bought a Thailand deal through them only to be told once the deal had gone through, that the coupons are for couples 35+ of age .... huh?!?!

Anyways after waiting more than a week for a response to my refund email, and nobody in their offices answering my phonecalls, I decided to ask the bank to reverse the transaction, which is exactly what I suggest anyone unfortunate enough to have dealt with Groupon do as well.

I have been sorted out, refund has been made by Groupon. The "scam" for me was such that I was sold a product without knowing who or where my backup was going to come from, yes it says "Extreme Light" but who are Extreme Light exactly? This is a massive problem for me as who do you go to for backup if there is a problem? I was also not happy with the 3 month warranty. It was like the light was being sold by a "mystery" company.

Well, I know now it's Pyro Lights, only through investigating this and speaking to Groupon, two brands one vendor. They have a website that shows very little, the contact details are vague and no replies to my emails. No other contact details or phone numbers are displayed, just no clarity.

Good point. I need to edit the post on the hub and gumptree. thanks for the reminder.

Don't tell me you actually thought all groupon deal where amazing? That Pyro2000 on groupon is a very good deal by the way.

H

It's not only Gumtree GroupOn that's the problem here, this from another thread when it was pointed out that the GroupOn "valued at" was a nonsense figure....

edit: Gumtree

Edited by petatodd

Well I don't know what your definition is of a scam. But this is not one. Pyrolights and Extremelights are two diffrent brand. Diffrent manfuactuers. Different target markets. Pyrolights are high quality lights that are unique. Where Extrmelights are the answer to the onetime rider that don't want anything fancy but just just a light that works.

Caerusv just got trigger happy and end it up buying a light that he, understandably, thought was a Pyrolight. But he got helped so the "scam" is resolved.

Everybody like a good conspiracy and I must say it was fun reading the comments. I just love the hub. you guys make my day.

Happy riding.

The fact that the product purchased online does not match the product in the order confirmation from Groupon. According to the order confirmation I should be expecting a product that makes use of a Pyro LED light which I saved 54%! I know now that Extreme lights does not make use of that light which has been confirmed by you. All I want is either my money back or a product which makes use of a Pyro LED light as confirmed in the email from Groupon!

The fact that the product purchased online does not match the product in the order confirmation from Groupon. According to the order confirmation I should be expecting a product that makes use of a Pyro LED light which I saved 54%! I know now that Extreme lights does not make use of that light which has been confirmed by you. All I want is either my money back or a product which makes use of a Pyro LED light as confirmed in the email from Groupon!

Then contact groupon. they made the mistake. They will gladly give you your money back.

Then contact groupon. they made the mistake. They will gladly give you your money back.

Haha it's called the waiting game ;-)

Link does not want to open...... what was it ?

Double interesting, it was an advert for an Exterme light which appears to have been removed!

The last word in the title of the thread says it all...

Here is an ad on thehub for a Pyro 1000 at R899, which I believe was the price on the website before it was inflated to give the impression of 54% off!

http://www.thehubsa....high-cri-light/

In case it gets deleted, here is the screen