Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Here is the 2009 u23 XCO World Champs results:

For full results and photos, visit Cyclingnews.com.

UNDER 23 MEN CROSS COUNTRY RESULTS

1 Burry Stander (South Africa) 1:47:26

2 Alexis Vuillermoz (France) 0:01:21

3 Thomas Litscher (Switzerland) 0:02:46

4 Peter Sagan (Slovakia) 0:04:15

5 Marek Konwa (Poland) 0:04:45

6 Guillaume Vinit (France) 0:04:59

7 Mattias Wengelin (Sweden) 0:05:14

8 Fabian Giger (Switzerland) 0:05:32

9 Lukas Kaufmann (Switzerland) 0:05:57

10 Catriel Andres Soto (Argentina) 0:06:31

Edited by Squier

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the 2009 u23 XCO World Champs results:

For full results and photos, visit Cyclingnews.com.

UNDER 23 MEN CROSS COUNTRY RESULTS

1 Burry Stander (South Africa) 1:47:26

2 Alexis Vuillermoz (France) 0:01:21

3 Thomas Litscher (Switzerland) 0:02:46

4 Peter Sagan (Slovakia) 0:04:15

5 Marek Konwa (Poland) 0:04:45

6 Guillaume Vinit (France) 0:04:59

7 Mattias Wengelin (Sweden) 0:05:14

8 Fabian Giger (Switzerland) 0:05:32

9 Lukas Kaufmann (Switzerland) 0:05:57

10 Catriel Andres Soto (Argentina) 0:06:31

WOW maybe Burry should be concentating more on the road

Edited by udxcob

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=83815

"After my wins in California and Switzerland I hoped to come here and win a few stages," he said, after also reinforcing his lead in the points competition for the green jersey.

"Now it's done and I'm very happy.

"Today I knew the sprinters wouldn't be there at the finish and it ended up with (Ivan) Basso and (Vincenzo) Nibali working for me!

"I would shine Basso's shoes if he asked, so I really can't say thank you enough to him."

http://www.witness.c...%5B_id%5D=83815

"After my wins in California and Switzerland I hoped to come here and win a few stages," he said, after also reinforcing his lead in the points competition for the green jersey.

"Today I knew the sprinters wouldn't be there at the finish and it ended up with (Ivan) Basso and (Vincenzo) Nibali working for me!

"I would shine Basso's shoes if he asked, so I really can't say thank you enough to him."

I wonder how long he can keep the green jersey, Eddie says he could win it.

Stefano Zanatta asks the Liquigas Cannondale Team what they want to do on the rest day. Sagan asks what the last 4 days have been.

Well, Cav says he's not that interested in it - not sure I buy that - and if he survives the mountains, it's possible.

Our boys must stay on there MTbikes. leave the road for the euros.

Why? Burry could be great on the road, he's pretty amazing at all the disciplines he competes in in MTB. The money and glory is on the road.

As it how many years? With ability to finish on the uphills and compete the flats the Green is his to lose. Eric Zabel's record is in jeopardy.

Jens Voight stats from yesterday:

@thejensie: Some stats from todays stage.Max speed 82,3km/h, average 41km/h, max Watts 1230 average 275Watts.and 5250calories burned. A lot of cookies!!

http://www.witness.c...%5B_id%5D=83815

Funny sport this cycling when you have a Giro Italia winner and 2nd place TDF rider riding for a 22 year old :lol:

Edited by scotty

Well, Cav says he's not that interested in it - not sure I buy that - and if he survives the mountains, it's possible.

Cav showed some interest yesterday, challenging for a few points.

Jens after yesterdays stage :

"Like every other team in our situation we had two objectives for today. One was to keep the yellow, objective two was to keep everyone upright and on their bikes. Fortunately for us we achieved both. Fabian kept the yellow, f#ck he's a legend isn't he? I just love to be in a team with him.

I see, despite those who say he'll lose the respect of the peloton, he earned the plaudits of Spartacus himself, who said Sagan was just too strong at the moment.

This is typical of someone who works in the media.

Cancellara was being interviewed as the leader of the race, he merely commented that Sagan was too strong on the day, I think anyone with the world watching him on telly is going to have to be positive.

Lastly there is no denying that (at the moment) he is doing well and has two stage wins under the belt, which as I said earlier in this thread, one stage win will be enough to keep me happy, but is he one of the greats ?

No, not yet, and maybe never.

I have seen so many people blow their load over the" flavour of the month" only for them to fade in to obscurity.

I quite like Cobra mans suggestion regarding Burry taking to the road.

Jens after yesterdays stage :

"Like every other team in our situation we had two objectives for today. One was to keep the yellow, objective two was to keep everyone upright and on their bikes. Fortunately for us we achieved both. Fabian kept the yellow, f#ck he's a legend isn't he? I just love to be in a team with him.

Yip, legends are made, they become legends by being consistent.

Candelabara as some call him has managed to do this.

This is typical of someone who works in the media.

Cancellara was being interviewed as the leader of the race, he merely commented that Sagan was too strong on the day, I think anyone with the world watching him on telly is going to have to be positive.

It was actually from his twitter feed.