[Event] Tip Trans Cederberg Xperience 115km's

knippie

Hey Knippie, that profile for the 115k shows 2203m of ascent! Not 1400m! Who's fooling who here?

:eek: Havent been on a bike for two weeks. That could be a whole lot tougher than I assumed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: Havent been on a bike for two weeks. That could be a whole lot tougher than I assumed.

I haven't ridden since Die Burger except for a little road ride along the flat cycle track.

Let's just hope the profile is wrong.

Hey Knippie, that profile for the 115k shows 2203m of ascent! Not 1400m! Who's fooling who here?

So my Garmin showed 1288m of ascent and 116.9 km of distance. A really scenic ride. Could become the West Coast's K2C? Although my legs fell off at about 90k I enjoyed it.

Either your garmin isn't right or you somehow missed some climbs. I got 1392m's ascent and 116km's.

Sadly missed the cut off (no surprise, I'm slow), but was really impressed that people kept on checking that we were ok and waited for us at the finish. Even the traffic cop was happy to follow us home along the road back to Citrusdal. The last 25km's took us a lot longer than expected. The head wind was tough.

The race was well organised, water points great (although I don't want to see another potato, wine gums or bar-ones) and the scenary fantastic.

HI all participants of the Tip Trans Cederberg Xperience, the thousands of pics taken will start to make it's way to the Makadas FB page from tonight.

The results will also be loaded within the next hour on the Makadas website.

Thanks to all of you! The spirit of the race was excellent :clap:

Congrats to:

1. David George
  2. Louis Bresler Knipe
  3. Craig Boyes
  4. Kevin Evans

Female:

1. Desiree Strydom
  2. Nadine Pansegrouw
  3. Tanya Hunt

I think I'm going to need some type of (business) rescue. Am definitely taking my camera along ... understand the flowers might be a spectacle.

See you there. Also taking my camera. The dam is nice and full as well.

pictures and ride reports required!!!! Make us jealous we dide not ride this. Must say that profile makes it look like one huge uphill ! and then fast downhill of course.

pictures and ride reports required!!!! Make us jealous we dide not ride this. Must say that profile makes it look like one huge uphill ! and then fast downhill of course.

Damn!! Was hoping you wouldn't remember. Three letters sum up my race report - DNF. :blush: Let's just say I didn't have my "A-game" with me. It is a tough race even if only on service roads, and I for one certainly under-estimated it. A big thanks to Ratty and her dad for dragging me along at the rear. But after 06h20 and 95km, I knew it was time to throw in the towel (and especially with the sweeper bakkie coming up behind and asking "soek jy n lift?"). And the title of cyclist in our house now officially belongs to my wife - I think she came third out of 5 ladies albeit 5 minutes after the 7-hour cut-off.

Stupid as this may sound, when the guy clipped off my board and presented me with a medal I said "no thanks", to which he replied "but you paid", and then I said "you have to earn your medal, not pay for it". And that made me proud for a moment. He agreed.

But the race itself must surely have the makings of something big to come. Reminded me a bit of Hell n Back, but much more scenic with the flowers in full bloom and majestic views of the Cederberg. And we were blessed with perfect weather except for the headwind which crept up later in the day (front-markers wouldn't know what we're talking about!).

Would highly recommend the event! :clap:

post-8720-0-04888300-1346705590.jpg

post-8720-0-08974900-1346705593.jpg

post-8720-0-54801300-1346705597.jpg

Edited by flymango

FlyMango, thanks for the company at the back. It was nice to know I wasn't the only one suffering. My dad was still strong at that point, but suffered further on. I should have joined you on the sweep vehicle, my knee was completely stuffed, I was walking like a cripple yesterday and struggled to sleep on Sunday night as it was too painful to sleep on my side.

If your wife came 3rd, that means I came 5th :-) lol. She did really well and it was nice to meet her.

I didn't get a medal even though I finished, but at least I still have my number board to add to my collection (I try keep all the ones I can from the special events).

Love the photos, so glad you got some. Note to self, always check the battery before taking a camera along.

The uphill wasn't too bad, actually enjoyed it. The downhill however was rather bumpy so not that fast. I think the guys around me felt sorry for me as I was riding a hard tail.

Knippie

Is daar nog foto's oppad? Ek soek fotos van die eerste paar km na die wegapring van die 115km toe die motorfiets nog by ons was.

I am sorry guys, there is a glitch somewhere with the results!

Please find attached while I try and sort it out :blush:

I feel better about my time after seeing these results. The big boys did this race 50 minutes SLOWER than Karoo 2 Coast! I was only 20 minutes slower than my K2C time.

I would suggest for next year that the cut-off gets extended to 8 hours. There are quite a few people who are capable of riding the distance, but they do it a little slower. Out of the people that finished, 10% were outside the cut-off time!

While I know I am not fast, I have managed to do quite a few long events and finished well within the cut-off. This is the only event that I have no made the cut-off.

Ratty I agree, a 10 hour cut off would have been better.

This was our first event and so we learn, thanks for all the feedback this is what helps to make it a great event!

We will probably drop the fun ride on the Saturday next year and go all out with the 115km event.

This means all the lucky draw prizes (R7000 worth) will also go to the riders of the long event.

But lets see how it goes, we need a week to reflect :eek: and then sit again and see how we can improve etc etc.

Send any suggestion per e mail please so I have it on record: makadasadventures@gmail.com

Results are now up and working

Knippie

Is daar nog foto's oppad? Ek soek fotos van die eerste paar km na die wegapring van die 115km toe die motorfiets nog by ons was.

Ja daar is 'n volle album op die Makadas FB blad en dan kom daar nog pics. So daar is 2 albums al op FB