[Event] Tip Trans Cederberg Xperience 115km's

knippie

How was it, then?

The route is stunning. Lots of streams and the Clanwilliam dam is 99% full and the "veld" is full of flowers. Regarding the road surface its good. Little bit of corrugation and potholes here and there. Regarding the cyclo cross tires.Cyclo Cross tyres only recommended for seasoned and experienced riders, my recommendation: if you want to enjoy the ride: go for mtb tyres.

Fitness is more important than your choice of tyres…..always :thumbup:

Edited by Bolla

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut off for this event: 7 hours

Start: 8am

Backup: 1st and last water point will have a pick up for those with mechanicals on their bikes or bodies

Edited by knippie

<p>Cut off for this event:  7 hours<br />

Start:  8am<br />

Backup:  1st and last water point will have a pick up for those with mechanicals on their bikes or bodies</p>

Do you type your posts in Word and then paste? </br>Your posts don't make for easy reading <`/ ;)

Do you type your posts in Word and then paste? </br>Your posts don't make for easy reading <`/ ;)

I also don't get it! looking for a setting that is incorrect....

Cut off for this event: 7 hours

Start: 8am

Backup: 1st and last water point will have a pick up for those with mechanicals on their bikes or bodies

At what point is the cut-off?

First Cut off: 27km's into the event at water point at 3hours

Second cut off: after 7 hours you will not receive timing but can still finish the event.

• so if you do not make it to the 1st waterpoint in 3hours :eek: , you will need to get on the backup truck
  • if you do make it but cannot finish in 7 hours you will not receive timing but can still finish the event.

do not forget about the food & wine festival! See flyer attached in event pics

Edited by knippie

How long a ride will it be from Paarl?

In the dark, with a bakkie, for somebody (obviously) not knowing the way there! (So no, not looking for your PB's with your GTI's! ;) )

How long a ride will it be from Paarl?

In the dark, with a bakkie, for somebody (obviously) not knowing the way there! (So no, not looking for your PB's with your GTI's! ;) )

Race starts at 7AM on Sunday. Will be an early rise! ;)

post-8720-0-53736600-1344410291.jpg

Race starts at 7AM on Sunday. Will be an early rise! ;)

They moved the starting time to 08:00 on the Sunday to accommodate the cyclist that will only be here for the Sundays race.

The trail run is 10km's.

Pity that the run is so short, it would have been nice to do a 20 - 25 km trail run on the sat and then the mtb on the sunday

They moved the starting time to 08:00 on the Sunday to accommodate the cyclist that will only be here for the Sundays race.

Extra hour's sleep then! :thumbup: Could only get accommodation at Clanwilliam.

Extra hour's sleep then! :thumbup: Could only get accommodation at Clanwilliam.

Did you try the info in Citrusdal?

Did you try the info in Citrusdal?

Yes. Still waiting for a response. Everybody I phoned was full.

• 3 weeks later...

PRE Entries to the Tip Trans Cederberg MTB Xperience is closing tomorrow (29th Aug) at midnight.

So hurry up and enter!

Lots of lucky draw prizes to the value of R10 000 and prize money to the value of R7000

For those not riding to win it: the flowers are out!! The veld is in prestine condition and we will make sure that you have a blast of a weekend! :clap: