94.7 MTB Cycle Challange - a mass-entry event

Mr SingleTrack

Ok so who of you are planning to enter the 94.7 MTB cycle challenge?

I did this race last year but I did not enjoy it. I was hoping for more technical/fun sections but the track was pretty uneventful IMO. I understand that, when planning a race for the masses, the organizers can’t include things that will cause bottlenecks. I was one of the lucky ones that started in the A batch last year so I did not see any bottlenecks, but some of my friends that started in later batches complained about bottlenecks at very easy sections in the route (which can be expected from MTB races with high numbers of competitors).

These days I find myself avoiding most of the mass-entered MTB races, while only going back to a few of the best races each year.

So, even though I did not enjoy this race, It does not mean you did not/would not in future. What do you guys think? Anyone else giving this race a skip this year or is it just me?

Im doing it, but as a social thing with a few people in a challenge.

I dont expect these kinds of events to be special experiences in terms of route etc, if I want that I go alone or with a few people on our own.

Entering for the 1st time..............expecting to take 4 to 5 hours to complete so not much of a 'race' but a social/fun event for me. Expecting bottlenecks around every corner and before every obstacle....I think thats pretty much how this event will run unless you right at the front with the race snakes.. :drool: