Multi tool?

Clinton1

Jokes aside I bought my girlfriend those wide blue Parktool levers thinking they would help her with leverage, I used them over the weekend to change tyres and what awful levers they are! Rather go with the normal slim ones.

Havent seen the parktool ones, but the green crowbar ones are strong and don't bend, everything else I have been able to break while I was trying to fit geax sagueros on a ZTR Crest rim...crowbar or nothing.

Get yourself down to Leighs Cycle Centre and speak to Jason, he will advice you of all the options they have, and then if you don't like that you can pop into Sportmans Warehouse next door

Havent seen the parktool ones, but the green crowbar ones are strong and don't bend, everything else I have been able to break while I was trying to fit geax sagueros on a ZTR Crest rim...crowbar or nothing.

I think its the tyres thats the problem, those Geax are a nightmare to mount.

I think its the tyres thats the problem, those Geax are a nightmare to mount.

Hi-Jack

Actually I have a theory about this, I think its the combination of ZTR and GEAX, we fitted the same tyre onto some AM Classic Race rims...no problem, didn't even need a lever. But I hear you, the one positive is that you will NEVER burp a geax tyre.

PS the little tyre lever in the parktool multitool isn't worth sheet, but it contains the fitting point for my chain breaker so I must have it, I always carry a extra crowbar lever.

If you do not have value to add to this thread or wish to belittle and attack the OP then kindly refrain from posting.

Off topic / sarcastic responses will be removed.

Have a read through our community guidelines and have some respect for fellow members.

Hi-Jack

Actually I have a theory about this, I think its the combination of ZTR and GEAX, we fitted the same tyre onto some AM Classic Race rims...no problem, didn't even need a lever. But I hear you, the one positive is that you will NEVER burp a geax tyre.

PS the little tyre lever in the parktool multitool isn't worth sheet, but it contains the fitting point for my chain breaker so I must have it, I always carry a extra crowbar lever.

Hi-jack on.

Yeah, I agree 100%. I also have ZTR rims, what a bloody mission. Snapped Parktool crappy levers trying to get it on. In saying that I would not use a tyre lever attached to a multi-tool.

I have considered this too but mainly based on the efficiency of some multi tool chain breakers but you raise another interesting point.

Rather get the one with the chainbreaker, they work fine and although I would suggest getting proper on for when you are at home, I have been using the one on the multitool for about 5 years now without any issues...jeez maybe i must listen to my own advise

Hi-jack on.

Yeah, I agree 100%. I also have ZTR rims, what a bloody mission. Snapped Parktool crappy levers trying to get it on. In saying that I would not use a tyre lever attached to a multi-tool.

Patches gave me the tip to fit geax tyres, instead of letting the tyre's bead sit in it's lip on one side of the rim...let it sit in the centre of the rim, this is the easiest way to fit them.

Patches gave me the tip to fit geax tyres, instead of letting the tyre's bead sit in it's lip on one side of the rim...let it sit in the centre of the rim, this is the easiest way to fit them.

It works on all tyres. ;)

It works on all tyres. ;)

I know but with other brands...Conti, Schwalbe, Rubena I have never had to do it, the tyre naturally wants to go and sit in the lip of the rim, but on Geax's you HAVE to force it to the centre and fit the other side, otherwise it will not pop on.

That would actually be an awesome fred, after buying a few a settled on the green crowbars, they are not the cheapest but works like a charm...ok back to the topic

@Clint_ZA, I have the parktool one and it has everything I need to be able to fix and or adjust stuff on my bike. Comes in a neat little pouch. Rather go buy at a shop because delivery will void any saving you would have made by going online, unless you want to bundle it with other things you have bought...my 2c

Clever that they now put it in a pouch. First trip on my hardtail and my parktool fell apart in my bag.

Buy a good brand (Topeak/Park) and the one with the most gadgets on it that you can find. And then also buy the green chunky tyre levers for when you've broken the tyre levers on the multi-tool. I've got a Topeak that has lasted years (except for the tyre levers) and a brand new Park Tool multi-tool that I bought when I thought I had lost the topeak but hadn't. I think I prefer the Topeak.

Try a Birzman mulititool for something German and different.

I know but with other brands...Conti, Schwalbe, Rubena I have never had to do it, the tyre naturally wants to go and sit in the lip of the rim, but on Geax's you HAVE to force it to the centre and fit the other side, otherwise it will not pop on.

I have just got into the habit of squeezing the bead into the centre of the rim every time I change tyres. There are a few other tyre and rim combos which can be a real hassle.

Buy a good brand (Topeak/Park) and the one with the most gadgets on it that you can find. And then also buy the green chunky tyre levers for when you've broken the tyre levers on the multi-tool. I've got a Topeak that has lasted years (except for the tyre levers) and a brand new Park Tool multi-tool that I bought when I thought I had lost the topeak but hadn't. I think I prefer the Topeak.

I actually haven't even looked at the ones with tyre levers as they seem easy enough to just pop in the back and can be picked up rather cheap.

Not much mention of the Crank Brothers ones on here but they get excellent reviews online. No personal experiences?