Reba 29" 100mm to 80mm conversion

Dubber88

Good day Hubbers,

Any tech guru's out there that's willing to help me on this one.

I know it has something to do with installing a spacer( which I have) and that a basic service of the fork is also a good idea whilst doing that.

I would like to do a DIY.

Already got all the tech documents with specs on oils etc. but can't find anything on how to convert the fork( ie. instructions and videos).

It's a 2012 Reba RLT fork.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Dub

Only method I know is to pump the top valve more than the bottom valve (either top or bottom). This will suck the travel in. I prefer more travel so you can even remove the plastic cone from the shock and go 120mm but that is obviously not what you want.

Edited by wheelerdealer

The problem with 100mm travel is that the head angle is not ideal for my setup on the bike considering an efficient fork setup.

I need that little bit more leaning forward on the bike for my handling to be spot on.

The reason for asking this is that I was riding my fork quite soft and got used to about 30-40% sag, and by doing this I used quite allot of travel by using these low pressures on normal rides. By reading up on how to get that little bit more speed out of your bike a harder pumped fork is one of the answers.

So the reasoning is that I would want a more efficient fork setup, thus riding the fork a bit harder but at the same head angle as it is currently setup at without using softer pressures in my fork.

Only method I know is to pump the top valve more than the bottom valve (either top or bottom). This will suck the travel in. I prefer more travel so you can even remove the plastic cone from the shock and go 120mm but that is obviously not what you want.

As far as I understand having a higher pressure in the neg. chamber is not recommended by SRAM ?

As far as I know, you pump both chambers according to your riding style. Both chambers will always have pressure, cant see how it will damage the fork.

I did it in my work clothes before work one morning...not Ideal, but its easy.

I cant remember which side you have to add it onto, but basicly you have to pull the lowers off push one of the plungers out and add a spacer to the plunger before re-installing, that will take up some of the space, in essence make it shorter, and not allowing your fork to extend as far as it use to, IOW shorter travel..

I just cant remember which side :)

rem to take air out.

I think it was non air side... I think.

Worst advice ever.