Blood Suckers

No Hare

An acquaintance asked me this morning. Do you still use a Giant Escape as commuter? When I responding positive to his question he followed it up by stating/ asking the following: He had bought a Giant Escape 2 form City Cycles (Cape Town) recently, but something was seriously wrong with the bike. He asked if I would have a look at it.

So he dropped the bike off this afternoon.

And he told me that when he bought the bike he requested that the necessary be done to ensure that it was immediately ride- able. According to him, he walked around for nearly four hours until he was phoned for the pickup. The salesman ensured him that the bike was serviced and ready for used. But now he was really disappointed in the bike.

So I went to work and found the following:

1. Dry hubs
  2. The brakes wasn’t set
  3. And a loose headset

So I phoned him a few minutes ago to tell him what the problems were and that the bike is now fixed, ready to be picked up.

I also had to share the following unpleasant news. He did not buy an Escape 2; a Giant Escape 1 was sold to him on the pretence that it was an Escape 2.

The moral compass of this salesman is so off kilter it is not even funny.

I do not know what measures he will take for at this stage he is still refusing to accept that he was done in. But I know for sure, never will I support City Cycles.

Will have to stop him before he burns the shop down...

seems like he got a better deal than I thought...

But their service still sucks

Will have to stop him before he burns the shop down...

seems like he got a better deal than I thought...

But their service still sucks

Yip either he got a good deal on purpose, or the salesman is so daft he sold him the better bike at the wrong price (score!) By your account the service is indeed shocking...

Was in there the other day, there clothing is +-50bucks cheaper than other places