Shock Pressures for Trek Fuel

Harryn

Hi. I ride a Trek Fuel EX9 26er (picttured below). The rear shock is a Fox Float RP-23. The front shock is a Fox 32 F-series 120 mm travel.

I weigh in at 102kg (I'm a big bastard; not proud of it, but its a reality).

Anyway, I am battling with my shock setup, and i don't seem to be able to get it right. When I climb out the saddle, the bike feels like a flippin boat. I have made the rookie mistake of changing the pressures now 2 days before the Walkerville race, and i am anxious to get things right and comfy before the race.

Advice on what front and rear pressures are right for my bike and my weight would be hugely appreciated. I have just pumped the rear shock to 240 psi, and the front to 180. It feels real stiff tho.

I am particularly interested to hear from guys of similar weight and bike brand and setup. But any help from anyone in the know will be valued.

post-1877-0-47349900-1342118767.jpg

I experience the exact same problem. My bike is a Athem X with the same shock setup. After following the setup procedures provided by Fox wesite, my fork is 100%, but my rear shock is giving hassle. I only use about 50% of my rear shock after a VERY pumpy ride. My weight is 79 kg. My apologies for hi-jacking this post!

20% sag on your rear shock with the rebound fully open. That all the best hub advice I got and it work for me on 2 different brands on 2 different bikes.