2nd hand value of Bikes

JTK

Nothing....but....its not quite a Santa Cruz is it?

it is/was never supposed to be... ;) In my argument I have been comparing same new price bracket bikes with simular spec components and they different ways in which they loose value which does ot make sense to me...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?

The fact that SC frames are expensive by default and by entry level, doesnt make it better than GT.

Compare a R50k GT to a R50k SC...

GT aren't really "new" to bike manufacturing....you know?

Why not?

The fact that SC frames are expensive by default and by entry level, doesnt make it better than GT.

Compare a R50k GT to a R50k SC...

GT aren't really "new" to bike manufacturing....you know?

Do they make a 50K GT??

To add: If Mr Stander & the other top 10 riders were sponsored by Dunlop, everyone would want a Dunlop Bike.

Immediately Dunlop's 2nd hand value rises, and Spez becomes the new brand nobody wants.

It perception as well. Are any of us really qualified to comment on the manufacturing processes and which is better? Have any of us been to the factories to see what goes on and then make our decisions about what to buy?

...mmmh...

Care to compare how many of the frames you wouldn't touch with a bargepole, compete on the various World Cup circuits vs how many Santa Cruz's do?

Care to compare how many podium finishes (over the same period) each have received in the above races compared to Santa Cruz's podium finishes?

To add: If Mr Stander & the other top 10 riders were sponsored by Dunlop, everyone would want a Dunlop Bike.

Immediately Dunlop's 2nd hand value rises, and Spez becomes the new brand nobody wants.

It perception as well. Are any of us really qualified to comment on the manufacturing processes and which is better? Have any of us been to the factories to see what goes on and then make our decisions about what to buy?

...mmmh...

KKK I think you may be presenting me with the best argument :) It is all about perception (within the same price bracket though - dont compare a Makro dunlop with a TOR Spez)

...mmmh...

Maybe we are and maybe we have....

Maybe we are and maybe we have....

THEN: By all means, inform the rest of us about each and every manufacturer that you would buy, and why, opposed to the other you wouldn't and why.

Nobody is too old to be schooled.

Care to compare how many of the frames you wouldn't touch with a bargepole, compete on the various World Cup circuits vs how many Santa Cruz's do?

Care to compare how many podium finishes (over the same period) each have received in the above races compared to Santa Cruz's podium finishes?

As I don't fall into the racing snake bracket and have no intention of standing on the podium,and lastly am not influenced what Dirty Hippo rides.....I don't really care you see.

THEN: By all means, inform the rest of us about each and every manufacturer that you would buy, and why, opposed to the other you wouldn't and why.

Nobody is too old to be schooled.

Too late..going home to watch TDF finish.

Just go out and buy the latest What Mountain Bike and the latest Mountain Bike UK and they will tell you more than you need to know.Certainly more than you will hear on the Hub

As I don't fall into the racing snake bracket and have no intention of standing on the podium,and lastly am not influenced what Dirty Hippo rides.....I don't really care you see.

come now, you have the oppertunaty to re-shape society as we know it. There will be only one manufacturer left in each price bracket once we are done as the rest does not mafacture frames up to that quality. Companies will go out of business and economies may collapse. We will all ride the same bike. Parts will be cheap and we can go race together with all carrying one spare component of a given part of the bike as all the replacement parts will be the same. Just think of the service you will be performing :)

Let's throw this out there!

When you buy a good scotch, it still has the same amount of alcohol as a bottle of first watch. You drink it slower as you enjoy it more, but in the end you are in the same place as you would be if you drank you FW with a pinched nose out of a shooter glass

Same type of product, different process of making it, but a different way of enjoying. And obviously a different price.

One appreciates, the other, well, gets downed at the same value even after 5 years.

So your assertion that Santa Cruz is superior to the other brands mentioned is nothing more than you being a brand snob.

Dunno smolster. That is still not apples with apples. What I am asking is why would the exact same scotch that is bottled in defferent bottles have different values down the line. Exact same content just different bottles...