When: 13 April 2013
Where: Delta Park SchoolRace Date: 13 April 2013 Place:, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Race Date: 13 April 2013

Place: Delta Park, Standard Drive, Blairgowrie, Randburg, Johannesburg

ENDURANCE RACE

Starting Time: 09:00 – 15:00

Prize Giving: 15:15

Race Details: 6 Hour endurance Mountain Bike Race in the Delta Park.

(5-7km laps) Team / Individual race. Three members per team. Most

completed laps in time allowed will win prize money.

Entry Fee: R 120.00 per rider

To enter follow the link: http://www.cyclelab....Biking%20Events

Prizes: Cash prize for 1st place in all categories

Closing date: 24 October 2012

Line Entries: Additional cost R50 /rider closing @ 08:00 on Race day

Race Pack Collection on Friday 26 October @ Delta Park School from 08:00 or

on race day

Categories: Team of Three: Male Jnr (13-18)

Team of Three: Female Jnr (13-18)

Team of Three: Male Senior (19+)

Team of Three: Female Senior (19+)

Team of Three: Mixed (13+) (1x of opposite sex)

Individuals: Male 19+

Individuals: Female 19+

Indemnity:

All entrants participate entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim

whatsoever against the organising body, helper(s) or sponsor(s) or landowner, School

Governing Body, staff of Delta Park School in respect of any injury, loss or damage that

participants may suffer arising from any injury to that person or property, caused directly or

indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of the aforementioned parties.

Minimum Age of 13 on 31 December 2012 for participation in Main Race.

Like our Facebook page for Updates and info: http://www.facebook....270969579667110

Go to Event Page

In the team category, does just 1 rider have to be on course at a time?

Hi Tim.

Yes it's a relay, one person does a lap or two then hands over the "batton" to the next team member.

• 2 months later...

I'm there like a bear. We working on the route and its going to be killer.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Pieter1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

The 4th annual Delta Dash was due to take place next weekend but due to complications beyond our control it has to be postponed.

The JMPD has cancelled the event on 27 October 2012 as the Joburg City Parks booked the park to us and the Jacaranda Pops on the same day. The JMPD will not allow 2 events of this size in the park on the same day.

The Delta Dash will now be held on Saturday 13 April 2013. We hope that you will attend the race in this new place in the Mountain biking calendar.

If you have already entered and paid for this years Delta Dash, you will be contacted again with regards to refunding the entry or delaying it until next year.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to seeing you at the event next year.

Kind Regards

Pieter

I was looking forward to riding this solo. I sat this one out last year, but had much fun listening to the announcer's chirps. Nobody was spared!

I see the Pops thing only starts at 15hoo. It would've been cool if the 6hr started quite early, like 7hoo and finished in time for the other event to share the venue.

I was looking forward to riding this solo. I sat this one out last year, but had much fun listening to the announcer's chirps. Nobody was spared!

I see the Pops thing only starts at 15hoo. It would've been cool if the 6hr started quite early, like 7hoo and finished in time for the other event to share the venue.

The Pops actual concert only starts at 7pm just the gates open at 3, and we had worked the route around where the Pops was going to be but it still wasnt any good, they just arent happy having 2 events in the park on the same day. Especially with the size of the Pops, they will have vehicles coming in all day,with vendors and performers etc. Its so disappointing. Hopefully you will still ride is solo next year!