Building a bike - Help needed

martinsnyman

Ok , so my question is two fold - Firstly I am looking at buying a Giant trance X frame and wouod like to complete the bike with all the components from my 2012 Scott Aspect 10. Will all the components fit? (the Giant frame comes with rear shock but no fork) The Aspect's components in a nut shell - Rock shox recon silver air fork, fr dr deore rear dr XT deore shifters, scott hubs, seatpost and handle bars.

And is the Giant trance x a good frame?

Edited by martinsnyman

Ok , so my question is two fold - Firstly I am looking at buying a Giant trance X frame and wouod like to complete the bike with all the components from my 2012 Scott Aspect 10. Will all the components fit? (the Giant frame comes with rear shock but no fork) The Aspect's components in a nut shell - Rock shox recon silver air fork, fr dr deore rear dr XT deore shifters, scott hubs, seatpost and handle bars.

And is the Giant trance x a good frame?

Am considering doing the same, I think the only problems depending on the age of the frame are the tapered head (you can get an adapter for the fork) and I think on the newer models the BB is press fit, you may also need to shorten/lengthen cables and hydraulic lines and the seat post maybe a different size as well? I am not too sure about the front derailer either. And you will need a longer chain.

Edited by Mojoman

Can get a new frame at a very good price.

Excellent ... the Trance though would be better with a 120mm fork ... I hope your fork you want to carry over is also 120mm or the LBS would be able to convert it to 120mm by removing the internal spacers if the fork allows for this?