Carbon MTB Frames

Wez-O

Take a look at this, a test video, which shows how much stronger Carbon (SantaCruz) bikes are compared to Alu bikes.

Pretty impressive

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/243228/

What a test.... so Carbon it IS!!!!! :clap:

Just remember that not all carbon is the same ;)

Yes the Santa Cruz carbons are amazing, but remember that those are their AM and DH bikes you see... Plus they work closely with ENVE to develop their frames. ENVE are arguably the leaders in bicycle carbon technology... But such quality comes at a price. $2000 for a set of ENVE carbon DH rims. That same innovation transported onto a frame doesn't travel without the price tag. You're looking at approx R35k for a carbon Nomad frame

Edited by patches

Carbon all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if it does crack - it's easy to get repaired...

Just remember that not all carbon is the same ;)

Yes the Santa Cruz carbons are amazing, but remember that those are their AM and DH bikes you see... Plus they work closely with ENVE to develop their frames. ENVE are arguably the leaders in bicycle carbon technology... But such quality comes at a price. $2000 for a set of ENVE carbon DH rims. That same innovation transported onto a frame doesn't travel without the price tag. You're looking at approx R35k for a carbon Nomad frame

Yeah. And for that price, I'd rather have a Commencal Meta AM frameset and the DH frameset. I'd still come in under 35k.

Do it...streetcred points goes up by 10 million

To be honest, modern alu frames aren't that much lighter but the stiffness in the carbon is the big +

Pic on couch when you get it please

This is the wrong way round? Like for like on a MTB carbon is always about 700g - 800g lighter than alu. Santa Cruz Tallboy as an example, carbon frame (with shock) 1.9kg alu version 2.7kg. Price difference R9,000.