Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So all you JHB boys/gals going to come do a Groenkloof/Fountains ride in a week or 2 after your Kings kloof ride.

I'm sure a dozen of Pta hubbers will join on the day..

So all you JHB boys/gals going to come do a Groenkloof/Fountains ride in a week or 2 after your Kings kloof ride.

yes i'll join....if its a Sun morning!!

Ive been wanting to do Fountains / Groenkloof for a while now. Sounds good.

Ive been wanting to do Fountains / Groenkloof for a while now. Sounds good.

Have you been there before? 'Tis awesome.

Apparently there is a far more technical route if you go out the gate? My riding there has been mellow there. I stay in the reserve. Are there other routes?

Pieter I might join you

Cav, you guys should join our rides as well!

Apparently there is a far more technical route if you go out the gate? My riding there has been mellow there. I stay in the reserve. Are there other routes?

Pieter I might join you

Yup - Groenkloof is pretty tame. If you head over to Fountains it gets fun - they've hosted a few provincials there and have a variety of tracks to choose from. Really good fun.

Have you been there before? 'Tis awesome.

Havn't been since 2007. Did a relay race there. Was only a short part of the course. 15km laps IIRC

Does winning a downhill race there in 1996 count? That was at Fort Klapperkop though :P

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Pieter I might join you

Considering it.

Only problem is all the races coming up - one this saterday(vasbyt) and the next Saterday (Trailseeker) and so forth

Yup - Groenkloof is pretty tame. If you head over to Fountains it gets fun - they've hosted a few provincials there and have a variety of tracks to choose from. Really good fun.

I love Fountains especially on the trail bike. It just gets me when I'm unfit because I cannot ride it at anything other than full speed and then those sharp little climbs bite you.

Edited by slick

Ok so in 4 weeks all ya'll will be coming to Fountains/Groenkloof!

Bring the SS-HT-DS-26-27.5-29

Havn't been since 2007. Did a relay race there. Was only a short part of the course. 15km laps IIRC

Does winning a downhill race there in 1996 count? That was at Fort Klapperkop though :P

Absa-frikken-lutely. I would love to ride Klapperkop on a MTB. Did plenty of road riding up there.

Groenies can be quite technical. It just depends how fast you go through the fun bits.

Also keen to try out VG and make a day of it. Let me know if anyone is keen

You can put my name down for a day at VG!

Ok so in 4 weeks all ya'll will be coming to Fountains/Groenkloof!

Bring the SS-HT-DS-26-27.5-29

I stay in the east and try ride Groenies once a week. Worth the petrol! Will be there at 8am on Saturday for a slow social ride with 3-4 mates. Havnt been into fountains for a while so that's on the cards as well!

Edited by Nofearnofun