Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

Rode Kingskloof this weekend for the first time. What an awesome trail! Did the black route which is not for ants. Came off a few times, but well worth it.

I managed to flip over on a downhill and it was so steep, that I went over the handlebars and kept running down the hill. I am waiting for the new patent for this new sport. If anyone wants shares in the sport, please let me know. Going for cheap cheap! :w00t:

Thanks again Pieter1 and other hubber (sorry forgotten your hubber name) - great suggestion and ride :thumbup:

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode Kingskloof this weekend for the first time. What an awesome trail! Did the black route which is not for ants. Came off a few times, but well worth it.

I managed to flip over on a downhill and it was so steep, that I went over the handlebars and kept running down the hill. I am waiting for the new patent for this new sport. If anyone wants shares in the sport, please let me know. Going for cheap cheap! :w00t:

Thanks again Pieter1 and other hubber (sorry forgotten your hubber name) - great suggestion and ride :thumbup:

Any good battle scars worthwhile for a photo post on the hub?

Any good battle scars worthwhile for a photo post on the hub?

Alas no.. Bruises and scrapes but nothing spectacular. I got my arse handed to me but was good fun all the same. I made some rookie errors, like riding over a bridge over a fence then stalling at the top. Needless to say gravity still works ;)

Alas no.. Bruises and scrapes but nothing spectacular. I got my arse handed to me but was good fun all the same. I made some rookie errors, like riding over a bridge over a fence then stalling at the top. Needless to say gravity still works ;)

I assume you are talking about the bridge that dips at the top just before if raises a little bit again (the one near the end of the black route)? That is a sneaky bridge as it breaks more momentum than what one would expect.

I assume you are talking about the bridge that dips at the top just before if raises a little bit again (the one near the end of the black route)? That is a sneaky bridge as it breaks more momentum than what one would expect.

That's the one...

The one where you can ride the steep bridge over the fence or ride the easy one just around the corner. I decided to have a crack at it. Got to the top fine, then my left foot slipped and I went over the edge. Luckily I missed the barb wire fence.

That's the one...

The one where you can ride the steep bridge over the fence or ride the easy one just around the corner. I decided to have a crack at it. Got to the top fine, then my left foot slipped and I went over the edge. Luckily I missed the barb wire fence.

I always had visions of that at the old Logwood Village going over the fence bridge in Water Works. All this scrap metal with sharp edges etc sticking out on the sides of the bridge. :o

Sounds like an eventful ride Joe. Glad you are still in one piece.

Thanks - you should come next time if you are not busy on your skillz courses

kingskloof is on my to do list asap it sounds awesome! awaiting the arrival of my new helmet after saturdays ride at Groonies...

post-31228-0-23271000-1346065253.jpg

kingskloof is on my to do list asap it sounds awesome! awaiting the arrival of my new helmet after saturdays ride at Groonies...

post-31228-0-23271000-1346065253.jpg

Jeeeeepaas! :blink:

What happened dude? You ok? Get that helmut sorted.

Jeeeeepaas! :blink:

What happened dude? You ok? Get that helmut sorted.

Decided to test out my new bike on a few small jumps at 35ish kmph. The first three were awesome and the fourth, well... not so much haha! lost the front on landing and decided to take a nap on the dirt. Came off lightly with a few scratches and bruises thanks to my helmet!

Decided to test out my new bike on a few small jumps at 35ish kmph. The first three were awesome and the fourth, well... not so much haha! lost the front on landing and decided to take a nap on the dirt. Came off lightly with a few scratches and bruises thanks to my helmet!

Hectic electric.

Glad you ok!

Where were you riding?

Thanks - you should come next time if you are not busy on your skillz courses

I said I would come and ride KK again as it has been awhile. I introduced SIR M to Melville Koppies this weekend. I think he likes it.

Was a killer ride. I was broken climbing stairs after that. Your new handlebar hurdles is a kiff sport. Very entertaining thus it has a good sponsorship potential...