• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sitting this one out :-(

I am playing golf in Knysna this weekend

Ps- I'll upload the NF ride tomorrow morning, sorry for the delay

I think we should do the list of names thing with a nice heading for the weekends ride. What distance would we be doing at rietvlei? I have only done a 20km fun ride there (10km loop x2) so I'm not sure what the vlei has to offer.

I have never been there...so cool! :)

in Zambia for the weekend, would have loved to join. :mellow:

So much fun in the forest section next to the water. Some gnarly climbing and Im dying to try the Japanese garden,.

I think we should do the list of names thing with a nice heading for the weekends ride. What distance would we be doing at rietvlei? I have only done a 20km fun ride there (10km loop x2) so I'm not sure what the vlei has to offer.

Good idea... Will get something together. I've done the long route... it's been a while since I was there so I can't remember the distance. I'm assuming the long route for Saturday. Lets make it 7:15 - 7:30. Early morning jol

in Zambia for the weekend, would have loved to join. :mellow:

It's fine - we can swop! :)

I think the full loop was around 18km first time we did it and we included the blue climb round the back of the koppie.

Last time we went the koppie wasn't open and we did around 20km by looping the forest and Wendells twice. Not sure how it is at the moment.

So 2 laps or 3 depending on the route.

Good idea... Will get something together. I've done the long route... it's been a while since I was there so I can't remember the distance. I'm assuming the long route for Saturday. Lets make it 7:15 - 7:30. Early morning jol

It's fine - we can swop! :)

If you know how to do in-place SQL Cluster migrations with a 1000 people looking over your shoulder, because the client is very sensitive, and will cut off your head if something fails to failover or you lose a resource group...... be my guest. :eek:

here we go. sorry for the delay.

This is the map for route 3 at NF. there is 1 short section that we skipped which I marked with a red star on the map. The full loop should be 48km (the provided one is just over 46km).

Please PM me your email address if you want the .GPX file. I can’t upload it (file type restricted)

post-27214-0-49170100-1346650637.jpg

And here is a 36km...from when this was done (25th Aug) till this Saturday there were already new single tracks made...

Quite the opposite what I have heard from NF (boring) to what I have experienced at NF (good training)

post-24697-0-45065700-1346651741.jpg

And here is a 36km...from when this was done (25th Aug) till this Saturday there were already new single tracks made...

Quite the opposite what I have heard from NF (boring) to what I have experienced at NF (good training)

nothing boring about NF, a bit of everything, although it lacks massive climbs, there is enough elevation to make the heart beat faster

I enjoy the new rock garden. 100% ride-able and it will get easier and easier as it gets ridden out, but at least it is a nice change to the route

I enjoy the new rock garden. 100% ride-able and it will get easier and easier as it gets ridden out, but at least it is a nice change to the route

I enjoyed the "new" loose sand down by the river, and the rock garden (just need to practise riding it)

I enjoyed the "new" loose sand down by the river, and the rock garden (just need to practise riding it)

yup, I am glad the sand is back. in a couple of weeks there should be enough sand so that most people will not be able to ride through. that is when the real fun starts :-)

Right, I have made the first draft on page one of the future rides... let me know your comments / recommendations

Sorry Mnr. Nofearnofun, I didn't put blinking lights around the border... but the headings I think are nice :D