Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

And here is a 36km...from when this was done (25th Aug) till this Saturday there were already new single tracks made...

Quite the opposite what I have heard from NF (boring) to what I have experienced at NF (good training)

I think I need to check NF out! nice distance for training and I'm hearing talk of rock gardens and loose sand... Any fast technical downhills?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I have made the first draft on page one of the future rides... let me know your comments / recommendations

Sorry Mnr. Nofearnofun, I didn't put blinking lights around the border... but the headings I think are nice :D

A+ :thumbup:

thanks for joining us DJ, hope you got your bikes issues sorted?

Hey Karma,

Was nice to meet you guys,

pity i had issues and seriously need to get fitter.

Sorted everthing out,

had a nail rolling round in my tire, it obviously pushed straight through.

Sealant was still coming out when i got home, no clue why it didnt seal.

But bike is up and running again.

Hey Karma,

Was nice to meet you guys,

pity i had issues and seriously need to get fitter.

Sorted everthing out,

had a nail rolling round in my tire, it obviously pushed straight through.

Sealant was still coming out when i got home, no clue why it didnt seal.

But bike is up and running again.

Cool, keep your eye on this thread for more group rides, happy to have everyone joining in.

I think I need to check NF out! nice distance for training and I'm hearing talk of rock gardens and loose sand... Any fast technical downhills?

If you dont go up (RE what Mr.SingleTrack said about no hectic climbing)....you cant expect to come down....

But there are some nice flowing single track one can get on your pedals and have a big grin on your mouth all the way down..

unfortunately no fast technical downhills :thumbdown:

It is a good place to train for distance but it is not really technical (accept for the sandy patch next to the river, 1 tree root sections and the new rock garden which would only account for less than 1% of the route). That being said, it's a nice place to ride and works well for group rides :thumbup:

Erm...did you know, that it was 34 degrees on saturday?? well, according to my polar...i have a mou-tan :clap:

Erm...did you know, that it was 34 degrees on saturday?? well, according to my polar...i have a mou-tan :clap:

my "tan" is at least 2 shades darker, and that through all the sunscreen that i applied. we are going to fry this summer!

my "tan" is at least 2 shades darker, and that through all the sunscreen that i applied. we are going to fry this summer!

pity I had long tights on, could have had a shade on my legs....dammit. Winter paleness still prevails.

Sooo, it seems I might join this weekend, where are we riding?

Rietvlei... I have started posting on the first page - lot easier :)

Doing the Race for Rhino's at VG on the 22nd. Anyone else doing it?

Edited by Joe_Cogs