Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

we always enter as solo riders so that we can ride together and chill together. Much more fun than being alone on the trail. But then again, we are yet to go for a win...

We always seem to have a second team who we camp and ride with.

Being in contention for the win was almost completely accidental. It was all Eldron's fault. Greatwhite got one of our laps disqualified because he went onto the course before it had officially opened after the storm.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We always seem to have a second team who we camp and ride with.

Being in contention for the win was almost completely accidental. It was all Eldron's fault. Greatwhite got one of our laps disqualified because he went onto the course before it had officially opened after the storm.

What did you expect from a skinny roadie with one gear?

What did you expect from a skinny roadie with one gear?

He was geared to the max. It was a good number of years ago. Still skinny though.

Quite an eventful weekend!

Was good to meet some new faces on Saturday at Rietvlei. Some technical riding I must say :D It was cold and very misty to start off with but everyone had a rad time I think playing in the mud :)

Sunday was great too with the Spring classic! Bloody tough ride but was a huge amount of fun! Lots of technical and lots of climbs.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sat at Groenkloof :)

NF base ride in the next couple of weeks on a Sunday. Richard Best, Green bean, SIR Maxxis, Warrior Princess... keen? I want to try and do as much as I can. Spring classic schooled me a little ;)

NF base ride in the next couple of weeks on a Sunday. Richard Best, Green bean, SIR Maxxis, Warrior Princess... keen? I want to try and do as much as I can. Spring classic schooled me a little ;)

I'm in and thanx for the Sunday part ;)

I'm good for 23rd or 24th(public holiday) - or both....lol

Great idea but it depends on a few things. Quite a drive when Spruit is around the corner etc.

Really? Come on dude, everything is relatively close in jhb. We'll organsize a spruit trip too... just for you :P

I'm in and thanx for the Sunday part ;)

I'm good for 23rd or 24th(public holiday) - or both....lol

Cool - I've got Van Gaalens on the 22nd... so I'll have to confirm with my legs afterwards :lol: But lets see how things go. Doing spruit with a lady friend I think this Sunday. So you're welcome to join.

Edit: I forgot you are away. Anyone else is welcome

Edited by Joe_Cogs

Really? Come on dude, everything is relatively close in jhb. We'll organsize a spruit trip too... just for you :P

Cool - I've got Van Gaalens on the 22nd... so I'll have to confirm with my legs afterwards :lol: But lets see how things go. Doing spruit with a lady friend I think this Sunday. So you're welcome to join.

thanx for the invite, but no riding for me this weekend :angry:

I have a womens conference on Saturday and due to that I have to work on Sunday :o

Van Gaalens on 22nd!!! B) might think of joining you guys....

but now one thing peeps - i have no internet over weekends, so i will have to confirm all with you guys during the week - obviously next week ;)

and take all relevant mobile no's etc!!

It is in comparison. Especially for base training. Spruit, to me, is a lot more suited for that.

Im happy to drive where ever for a good ride with a lot of fun and tech stuff to do.

will join you guys for some base training. with the possible exeption for ride the rhino I'm out until the last weekend of the month

You guys should go for a roll around Modders sometime, I was out there yesterday and explored some new trails and saw other trails in the making. Did an awesome (non-technical) 34km from the gate into the park.

It is in comparison. Especially for base training. Spruit, to me, is a lot more suited for that.

Im happy to drive where ever for a good ride with a lot of fun and tech stuff to do.

Base work also only works when everyone in the group is at a similar level of fitness - like a road team. Even doing it on the Spruit is difficult but manageable if you take it really easy on the bumps.

You guys should go for a roll around Modders sometime, I was out there yesterday and explored some new trails and saw other trails in the making. Did an awesome (non-technical) 34km from the gate into the park.

Is there a map of the park and the surrounding area and its location?

Ja, modders is fun! I had good fun last time and plan to go back again :)

Well then maybe I should phrase it better then. I want to go for a long ride at NF with little to no stops

Ja, modders is fun! I had good fun last time and plan to go back again :)

Well then maybe I should phrase it better then. I want to go for a long ride at NF with little to no stops