My next AM sled, I wish!

wesley_r

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.welovelapierre.com/lapierre-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/3e70817c86adeb80628389dc2fef687d134074704799.jpg

2013 Lapierre - YES PLEASE!

with -

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb4813694/p4pb4813694.jpg

and

http://cdn.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2011/04/11/full_EddieClark_DSC_2446.jpg?1302550655

Edited by nigelhicks

oh and the Lapierre comes with a new Rock Shox EI rear shock - Electronic Intelligence

http://www.welovelapierre.com/lapierre-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/a65e089b918557bea894ebddc82b01ec134074714489.jpg

Lapierre have been secretly working on this new computer-controlled shock which is named ‘e.i’ for Electronic Intelligence. The shock is driven by a system, patented by Lapierre and was built in conjunction with RockShox on the 2013 Monarch RT3 platform

A pod attached to the damper contains a servo motor which alters the shock damping from locked out to wide open in .01 seconds. Sensors on the crank, hidden in the BB shell determine if the rider is pedaling, while accelerometers located on the stem cap and the fork slider register the severity of each impact BEFORE the rear wheel hits the bump

Guest Omega Man

http://www.welovelapierre.com/lapierre-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/3e70817c86adeb80628389dc2fef687d134074704799.jpg

2013 Lapierre - YES PLEASE!

I'm 99% certain that I saw that ACTUAL bike being tested by Nicolas Voilous (Spelling) at Les Gets. In fact I think that picture was taken in front of the little lake on Chavannes

I'm 99% certain that I saw that ACTUAL bike being tested by Nicolas Voilous (Spelling) at Les Gets. In fact I think that picture was taken in front of the little lake on Chavannes

You are probably right as this was launched a couple of weeks ago in the Alps

Guest Omega Man

You are probably right as this was launched a couple of weeks ago in the Alps

Makes sense. They were there testing with SRAM while the world cup circus was at Wyndam. The SRAM big rig was at Les Gets. Voilous is so fast. Still.

Nukeproof Mega – All Mountain Adventure

by Stu Thomson

The guys from Nukeproof, including Nige Page and Al Bond, head out on an absolutely epic All Mountain trip. How does a 3700m summit sound for you? Check the incredible footage and scenery! Top enduro rider and Nukeproof UK man Martin Astley talks you through the trip...

The concept for the trip was simple, assemble a group of like-minded riders from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines and send them to the top of the biggest, most epic mountain we could find that is rideable all (or very nearly) the way down. Ash from Trail addiction was the man with the knowledge and he hooked us up with mountain man guide Ben Jones and a team to support this mission to the Summit of Aguille de la Grand Sassierre 3, 747m

The route for the Grand Sassierre; 3747m of epic right there!

The crew

We were an eclectic bunch on this trip, from different backgrounds and niche’s within mountain biking. The one common thread between us was a love of riding bikes and a sense of adventure.

Nigel Page

ChainReaction Cycles/Nukeproof team manager Nige has been around forever. His background is in DH racing and BMX both of which he competed in to a World Class level for many years. Nigel still rides a lot and is heavily involved in the development of products for the Nukeproof brand so this ride was a perfect opportunity for him to give his Mega some serious testing.

Nige Page takes in the view!

Al Bond

Al was the new guy on the CRC/Nukeproof team for 2012. Coming off a great year as a privateer in 2011 winning the overall BDS Al headed out to Cali for the winter to train with the Atherton’s. Unfortunately Al broke his Collar bone just before the World Cup in South Africa meaning he couldn’t hit his first full World Cup Season with quite the punch he had hoped. Nonetheless Al has turned heads across the globe with his amazing riding talent and aggressive style. The best thing about Al is he LOVES a good adventure; actually I’m yet to come across anything that Al doesn’t like?

Al on the rocks

Ben Jones

Lovingly referred to as THE Ben Jones by his friends and colleagues for his ever expanding reputation as one of mountain bikings’ top guides. Ben is guiding company Trail Addiction’s head guide. What Ben doesn’t know about life in the mountains, safety and great trails in the Haute Tarentaise isn’t worth knowing. Ben’s enthusiasm and leadership kept the team going when things got tough.

The full crew together! Left to right: Martin, Nige, Al and Ben

Edited by 2Nutz

• 1 month later...

smile.png

I want that soooooo badly!!! Nearly burst into tears(because i will most probably never see one in real life) when I say that!!!

I want that soooooo badly!!! Nearly burst into tears(because i will most probably never see one in real life) when I say that!!!

hahaha! you think you nearly burst into tears...

there was a carbon Nomad here in JHB which got stolen... I'm pretty sure Mike (the owner) was close to teas when that happened.

Man, you should have seen that thing. It used to be on display in his shop. He built it up with pretty much the best components he could find.

ENVE carbon rims on Chris King hubs

Enve Carbon Bar

Full XTR

Reverb

Fox Kashima front and back.

It looked kinda like this one

http://img4.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/796/media/images/2012_Santa_Cruz_Nomad_Carbon.jpg

Everyone that knows Mike was bummed for him whe they herad it got swiped! But his replacement build is also worthy of dream AM bike status

Santa Cruz Blur LTc. Also full Fox Kashima. Also Full XTR.

Ye me either ,prob never own 1, thats for trumps unfortunately :mellow: :P

post-20718-0-24518300-1349624396_thumb.jpg

hahaha! you think you nearly burst into tears...

there was a carbon Nomad here in JHB which got stolen... I'm pretty sure Mike (the owner) was close to teas when that happened.

Man, you should have seen that thing. It used to be on display in his shop. He built it up with pretty much the best components he could find.

ENVE carbon rims on Chris King hubs

Enve Carbon Bar

Full XTR

Reverb

Fox Kashima front and back.

It looked kinda like this one

http://img4.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/796/media/images/2012_Santa_Cruz_Nomad_Carbon.jpg

Everyone that knows Mike was bummed for him whe they herad it got swiped! But his replacement build is also worthy of dream AM bike status

Santa Cruz Blur LTc. Also full Fox Kashima. Also Full XTR.

I would shoot myself if that happened!!!

Guest Omega Man

My mate Nic has just purchased a carbon Nomad from Gary Barnard. I in turn bought his Reign X0. Anyome want a Yeti ASX Frame? Special price for you en ol.