Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

then why does he say this?

“Weyland will not say outright whether or not Pistorius should be allowed to run in the Olympics. Perhaps, he says, the sprinter represents something more important than the dispute over his light, springy legs,” the article says.

Ugh, you must have missed a few pages. I'm not going to go back and get it for you. Have fun.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was personally more involved in explosive power disciplines provincial polevault and longjump. however the hipswing referred to Azonic is coupled with force of impact wich normally creates the explosive power sprinters require for forward inertia. Tendens and muscles work together to create spring power, ie a spring within a coil within a cylinder, force absorbtion redux efficiency into release. Anyway , is he the only double amputee in the world that can deliver these times ? Does any and i repeat any prosthesis on the market actually give you an advantage ...... come on man. This okie puts in many many many hours of sweat to be able to run those things the way he does, give him the kudo's he deserves.

I read the second link well most of it. Without trying to argue this is 1 scientists point of view/opinion, and it is typical SA mentality that an SA scientist would argue against an SA athletes performance. He has even explained that not all the tests have been carried out but only a few of them. This is his theory and i read a lot of the comments posted below and a few people have taken him on about his theories and in my OPINION after reading this i think this oke has an hidden agenda

My point is that this can go on for a very long time but just based on all the newspaper articles, facebook updates, pictures on the tele etc of this guy he has done alot for the olympics and he has done a lot as an ambassador for our country. He has brought a lot of joy and hope to the normal couch potatoe watching the Olympics.

If he has an advantage or not, i dont care

Well done again Oscar :thumbup:

Kumbaya....

Edited by fabes

If he has an advantage or not, i dont care

The entire 8 page saga sprouted from my question whether he has an advantage or not. Don't know why you had to, well not "argue" as such, but be pretty set in your beliefs - if at the end you don't care. Waste time much?

The entire 8 page saga sprouted from my question whether he has an advantage or not. Don't know why you had to, well not "argue" as such, but be pretty set in your beliefs - if at the end you don't care. Waste time much?

Well you started waisting time when you started posting Theories and not altogether facts. I also asked in my first post on the thread why do you care? 8 pages later and i have had responses such as "kiss my ass" and "ah you love me" or you have been concerned about the spelling of "marshmallow".

Well you started waisting time when you started posting Theories and not altogether facts. I also asked in my first post on the thread why do you care? 8 pages later and i have had responses such as "kiss my ass" and "ah you love me" or you have been concerned about the spelling of "marshmallow".

Facts have now been posted, the best that is available to us outside the testing lab. Why do I care? I don't. Do you care if a cyclist dopes? Maybe, maybe not. Nothing we can do about it, it is still a point of conversation though.

And the love letter comments were on page 2 or so, not sure where you get page 8 from.

By your own admission, you don't care and prefer the Kumbaya factor more than whatever information was given. That's your choice. I believe differently. Two pages ago I said the prosecution rests. Having posted all the links I care to provide, everyone can make up their own minds. I'm really done now.

Okay so we all agree he should be in the Paralympics and not the Olympics?

Did you feel the same way about Natalie du Toit?

Did you feel the same way about Natalie du Toit?

nope, Natalie definitely doesn't have an advantage and we're comfortable in the knowledge that she was a top swimmer before her accident. BUT if she put on a flipper leg, well then it would be a problem.

I think some people have got caught up in the emotion here and lost the plot along the way. I'm happy to applaud Oscar for turning his disability into a positive factor in his life, there's no agenda on cutting him down to size.

BUT the original question was whether he should be running in the able bodied Olympics...the science would say no. Unfortunately they've hid behind some bad science and we have this massive human interest story now. It's a circus.

It's not really all about Oscar, but the bigger question is where do you draw the line?

On thing I didn't know is that Dr Herr, who was the scientist who got his original ban overturned is also a double amputee himself. Hardly impartial.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/opinion/wolpe-oscar-pistorius/

nope, Natalie definitely doesn't have an advantage and we're comfortable in the knowledge that she was a top swimmer before her accident. BUT if she put on a flipper leg, well then it would be a problem.

I think some people have got caught up in the emotion here and lost the plot along the way. I'm happy to applaud Oscar for turning his disability into a positive factor in his life, there's no agenda on cutting him down to size.

BUT the original question was whether he should be running in the able bodied Olympics...the science would say no. Unfortunately they've hid behind some bad science and we have this massive human interest story now. It's a circus.

It's not really all about Oscar, but the bigger question is where do you draw the line?

On thing I didn't know is that Dr Herr, who was the scientist who got his original ban overturned is also a double amputee himself. Hardly impartial.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/opinion/wolpe-oscar-pistorius/

I asked the same question myself earlier on in the thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2...scar-pistorius/

Uhm....oops :eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2...scar-pistorius/

yuuuuuup!