2013 Giant Bicycles

marsbeetle

Actually. Come to think of it I think I paid 40 Euro. (The shop closest to the Pleney lift) The vented ones were 57 at a shop in Les Gets but I didn't think it was worth the extra cost and weight. Plus 17 Euro buys a lot of beer in a supermarket over there.

you're running a marzo... you can't possibly be concerned about weight! :lol: ;)

As for the beer, Super_mil and them made quite an impact on Ed's supply of house brand. Those water troughs served well as a bar fridge.

But back to the original topic... Giant... do most of these new Giants run that funny new steerer tube standard?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but that new trance looks like its been hit head on with a bus, its by far the ugliest bike I've seen in a while (thats ignoring the fact its a wagon)

When I saw it in the metal I was very disappointed, kind of like I would be if I had to see Mila Kunis naked but she was really a he blink.png

Guest Omega Man

But back to the original topic... Giant... do most of these new Giants run that funny new steerer tube standard?

You can't call it a standard when you are the only people using it. It seems totally pointless to me what they are doing there. instead of running a 1 1/8th they run a 1 1/4 tapered head tube. So to run a different stem you have to get a shim made. Thereby negating any perceived stiffness benefit.

You can't call it a standard when you are the only people using it. It seems totally pointless to me what they are doing there. instead of running a 1 1/8th they run a 1 1/4 tapered head tube. So to run a different stem you have to get a shim made. Thereby negating any perceived stiffness benefit.

yeah, and that would be a shim for a 1.5" stem (not even the easily available 1.125") to fit the 1.25" size they've gone with.

They're like Sony and MemoryStick... just being difficult for the sake of being different. Why they couldn't have just gone with 1.5" straight if they wanted increased stiffness, I don't know.

It had to happen sooner or later... I'm in the market for a MTB after giving my 26" Merida 1000 to my brother. I'm aiming towards a 29" Giant HT, but not sure what choice exactly?

2012 XTC COMP 29ER 0 vs 2012 XTC COMP 29ER 1 vs 2013 COMP 29ER 1 vs 2013 COMP 29ER 2

I'm more going to use it for longer/marathon type races while training would be a combination of shorter and longer. Any thoughts and/or comments?

Go for one of this year's versions, get them to drop their price, and then upgrade the wheelset and / or fork.

This year as in the 2012's XTC COMP 29ER 0 or 2012 XTC COMP 29ER 1? I see the only large difference seems to be the groupset being SRAM X.9 for the former and SRAM X.7 for the latter.

Guest Omega Man

I am quite interested for this, looks like its running one of the slackest head angle's I've ever seen.

http://www.giant-bic...0/11518/55882/

That bike is apparently the exact geo that Needles and Danny Hart have been running this year. Rumor has it Needles was running a 2013 production frame at worlds. So there's no denying the bikes credentials.

YAAAAAY! Put a deposit down on one of these bad boys this morning. 2010 model. DHX5.0 air rear.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/zooms/2010/Reign%20X%20Frame_GE_GU_72dpi.jpg

How much are those beauties selling for?

How much are those beauties selling for?

New, I have no idea. Probably round 11 or 12k for the frame. I know a normal Reign is available for 10k. But the one I'm getting is 2nd hand.

OK & what have you paid for yours since it's 2 years old?

6k. A mint condition one would generally go for about 7 to 7.5k. I know someone who got one with 2 shocks for 7.5k, and it's in perfect condition.