Tri Robben Island

Shebeen

I remember this.. I would have been very Pissed.. I was trainign with a guy who would have raced and he put in a lot of time which a sorry and blame shift does not make up for...

Having said that, Its around the corner and might actually be a go this time. Garfield, at least you can go meet the guy and give him a piece of your mind, in person ;)

I did get my money back, but I think it was due to being so outspoken and irritating. I know of a few pals who did not get their refund unfortunately.

Ja dude, unfortunately in life you build up a reputation/integrity. The way it was handled is what really pi%%ed me off. Sure we make mistakes etc, but these okes just kept on shifting blame to the very very end and then just dissapeared hoping everyone would just forget - I remember the last clue left was the Argus paper publishing an article where the local DA representative said that they never even submitted the docs required to apply for road closures etc despite being required numerous times. Unfortunately I will never ever again associate with their races ever again. But thats just me......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This race does look pretty cool, think I may just have to enter come pay day.

Just transferred back to CT this week from the US, great timing

Why was the Challenge Race cancelled?

The worst was probably that at first they tried to market the "cancellation" as a one year postponement and that you shouldn't worry as your entry "rolled" over (and the interest ofcourse also rolled over into their account) - of course they forgot that our patience and fitness levels dont just roll over as well.......

I just really hope this race comes off as he will need to roll over into another country (or just stay on Robben Island) should it not.... :eek: :w00t:

I guess the T-Shirts everyone will get at this race is probably the CTC finsihers shirts with a reprint!

Anyways I hope it is a success. Good luck.

Have you entered yet :ph34r:

which race

I just said you should go read it again based on how Grant organised The Challenge race. Dont want you to get there and then you charged another couple of 100 bucks

just saw on their twitter account that the ferry trip is included in the entree fee :-)

The worst was probably that at first they tried to market the "cancellation" as a one year postponement and that you shouldn't worry as your entry "rolled" over (and the interest ofcourse also rolled over into their account) - of course they forgot that our patience and fitness levels dont just roll over as well.......

I just really hope this race comes off as he will need to roll over into another country (or just stay on Robben Island) should it not.... :eek: :w00t:

I guess the T-Shirts everyone will get at this race is probably the CTC finsihers shirts with a reprint!

Anyways I hope it is a success. Good luck.

Wow, that truly sucks. I'm busy training for the Ironman in PE next year, so I know how much time and commitment goes into preparing for a race like that.

I'd also be pretty bitter if that had happened to me.

This looks more manageable, though, seeing as it's just a short course with no traffic and no real road closures.

R880??? thought it was R750?

So the confusion starts.

Well if you are going, why not enter both races and make the trip worth it?

R880??? thought it was R750?

Not sure where you got R880 from :) I see there's a mistake on the site: on the front page it says R750, but when you go to enter it says R775.

So, it's R775 for the entry and R30 extra for the day license.

Not sure where you got R880 from :) I see there's a mistake on the site: on the front page it says R750, but when you go to enter it says R775. So, it's R775 for the entry and R30 extra for the day license.

R30 for the day license? That doesnt sound right?

Ok I have an even more confusing question. It is called a "day license" right? Say you enter both races..... do you only buy one day license?

I've entered for the longer event, let's hope I can do the museum tour in the morning before the race. Not the greatest entry system, had some haggles trying to get it to take the form. And ha ha to the cc that's running it!

Payment Method: Credit Card (MasterCard)

The online credit card payment for this event will be listed on your credit card statement with the name Mcelimgeni Mzanzi Africa.

What about Sharks ? Someone said to me if you managed to escape off the island you would'nt get far anyway cause the sharks would get you. :ph34r:

What about Sharks ? Someone said to me if you managed to escape off the island you would'nt get far anyway cause the sharks would get you. :ph34r:

Especially in those lovely "seal look alike" wetsuits of yours!!

Especially in those lovely "seal look alike" wetsuits of yours!!

and I suppose when you wear a wetsuit you DONT look like a seal ? :w00t: