Bryton Rider 35T BUNDLE on Special for R1399

Keyser Soze

I see that the 35 is no longer listed on their site. So I'm guessing 20T or 40T is the one to go for, but the site doesn't give much info on the 40. Main differences? I'm thinking that the 20T might be a good deal if I can get a voucher to load tongue.png

I've got the 40. It's pretty much identical to the 35 with a minor display-face upgrade and some "training guides" (worthless).

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really want to make this another Garmin vs Bryton war but it seems like your research has let you down in certain areas, so I might just have to: blush.png

Garmin offers 8 different pieces of data per page. There are 5 pages. Each customizable and there are 61 options vs Brytons 30.

Garmin also uses a Barometric Altimeter so I cant see how the Bryton will be "much more accurate"

Courses can be uploaded to the Edge 500, no problem.

Garmin comes standard with two bike mounts in the box, no need to buy a second for the other bike.

"Its better designed then the Edge 500 and has better specs."

Have my doubts, technologically the Garmin is much more advanced and better designed, using more complex and accurate calculations.

The only other spec the Bryton has is Interval Training/Training programs. I would hardly call that better specked.

Then you also have the file systems. Garmin uses .FIT files which is compatible with most 3rd party software. Where Bryton created their own file system .BDX which is not yet compatible with most 3rd party software. You have to upload the file to Bryton's web and export it back to a usable file like .GPX and then import it to your 3rd party software.

before i purchased my bryton i had three bad expeiences with edge 500 one we got stupidly lost a week later battery died half way through a ride and last time the device just froze 2 different devices mind you i havent had any of those hassles with my bryton my first time using the maps on my bryton was at the homeward bound as a backup device to our team captains suunto watch and they both worked beutifully

before i purchased my bryton i had three bad expeiences with edge 500 one we got stupidly lost a week later battery died half way through a ride and last time the device just froze 2 different devices mind you i havent had any of those hassles with my bryton my first time using the maps on my bryton was at the homeward bound as a backup device to our team captains suunto watch and they both worked beutifully

I've had "lag issues" with my Bryton when using the breadcrumb function. It would update the screen like only once every 5 seconds.

The Bryton's altimeter is way out, but I think it just needs to be calibrated. Once it's uploaded it seems fine though.

Can you oaks actually find your way following a track on a Bryton? I find it very tough to work out where it wants you to go. Almost like I want to zoom in all the time...