A new BEAST is born!!!

DubbelBuys

Thanx for the comments! I love the colour too.

When I've finally decided on the colour & phoned up MoreWood Steve said they've finished that blue & I had to choose another colour.

I was then back to square 1! Was pondering between natural & the OXblood / candy apple red & the blue.

Steve then phoned me up the next day telling me that my luck was in & that he 'discovered' some of the blue that was stashed away.

Glad I went with the blue & not the oxblood.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Jacques, bike looks awesome.

The blue worked out perfectly, looks so nice I am tempted to give Steve a call and see if the have any left for mine.

Congrats and many happy miles.

Well done dude! Just a word - you might want to change those Crossmarks on there! You can see that they love mud sooo much that they form an inseparable bond with the stuff, turning your lovely bike into a snow-sled in mere seconds!

Get something slightly more aggressive in tread pattern to deal with it. Something like a Nobby Nic / WTB Wolverine or some such.

Awesome! I want to get some orange / ford orange bling bits for my bike to compliment the colour!

Patches will love that, he has a fetish for orange bitsdevil.gif

Well done dude! Just a word - you might want to change those Crossmarks on there! You can see that they love mud sooo much that they form an inseparable bond with the stuff, turning your lovely bike into a snow-sled in mere seconds!

Get something slightly more aggressive in tread pattern to deal with it. Something like a Nobby Nic / WTB Wolverine or some such.

Thanx for the tip!

Was wondering which tyres to go for, but I bought a couple of crossmarks from cwc when they had their sale, so slammed them on to try out the bike, but you're right... it's a snow sled in seconds!

Will check out the WTB's & Nobby Nic. Any comments on how these rate against the Nevegals?

Patches will love that, he has a fetish for orange bitsdevil.gif

OK... so Patches shout it out loud: Where can I get my hands on some nice orange bling bits?

Thanx for the tip!

Was wondering which tyres to go for, but I bought a couple of crossmarks from cwc when they had their sale, so slammed them on to try out the bike, but you're right... it's a snow sled in seconds!

Will check out the WTB's & Nobby Nic. Any comments on how these rate against the Nevegals?

Some okes swear by Nevegals, more people hate them with a passion. If you're looking at that side, rather go for the WTB Weirwolf or the Schwalbe Nobby Nic / Muddy Mary or the Seaguro. I have a feeling the Nevegals & Muddy Marys may be over-compensating though, as you have a lot more hardpack up there in OFS than actual mud or soil (sandier type of trails)

OK... so Patches shout it out loud: Where can I get my hands on some nice orange bling bits?

I just happen to have finished orange-blinging one of my bike this evening.I get the orange bits from CRC.

post-10758-0-07161500-1351669990_thumb.jpg

Stem: Easton Havoc

Grips: Ragley

Bash Ring: Straitline

Seatpost Clamp: Straitline

Shifter Cables: Aliigator (got that from a LBS)

If Hope made orange stuff I'd be on that like a hobo at a soup kitchen... but sadly they don't.

And contrary to BikeBailing's belief... only one of my bikes has orange bling, I have a red Hope fetish on the BEEEG morewood laugh.png

Edited by patches

Some okes swear by Nevegals, more people hate them with a passion. If you're looking at that side, rather go for the WTB Weirwolf or the Schwalbe Nobby Nic / Muddy Mary or the Seaguro. I have a feeling the Nevegals & Muddy Marys may be over-compensating though, as you have a lot more hardpack up there in OFS than actual mud or soil (sandier type of trails)

Thanx for the tip!

I run a Mountainking II 2.4 Front, X-King 2.4 Rear on my AM bike. Played around in the muddy stuff today. Seriously impressed. Highly recommended!

I just happen to have finished orange-blinging one of my bike this evening.I get the orange bits from CRC.

post-10758-0-07161500-1351669990_thumb.jpg

Stem: Easton Havoc

Grips: Ragley

Bash Ring: Straitline

Seatpost Clamp: Straitline

Shifter Cables: Aliigator (got that from a LBS)

If Hope made orange stuff I'd be on that like a hobo at a soup kitchen... but sadly they don't.

And contrary to BikeBailing's belief... only one of my bikes has orange bling, I have a red Hope fetish on the BEEEG morewood laugh.png

You had enough of a fetish to try steer me to orange on my morewooddevil.gif I have decided on yellow for my bike cause I got the nukeproof wheels for an absolute steal, so now will have a yellow blue combothumbup1.gif

oh yeah! good call! I forgot about them! Way more affordable than Easton and Straitline!

I want to win this bike so think I'm going to be geting arty and taking some photo's this wkndph34r.png