Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge 2012

avi_gurunand

Anybody know if we'll be riding with PPA numbers again. Don't know about you guys, but I haven't received a number in the post yet.

Apparently, PPA numbers are in the mail pipeline.

Pretty sure that those are the numbers used for the Engen. It's been like that for a couple of years, if my memory serves me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also call them and arrange for it to be picked up at registration of your first event. Think I will do that and get my number at One Tonner. Note to self: remember to take pins along! :whistling:

I am actually not sure, but suspect the numbers aren't being mailed out by default, but you have to do it the above way...

Numbers are not mailed out. I collected at their office but you can arrange for pick-up at the event. The numbers are handle bar numbers so remember zip ties, not pins. That's for the MTB at least.

Edited by Musashi

Ok, I found out the facts for anybody that is interested:

1. This race will not use PPA numbers as in prior years - you have to collect a number the day before or on the morning of the race ("seeding will be based on your Racetec index")

2. A prerequisite for this race is membership to CSA - otherwise you have to buy a day licence for R35.

3. If you were a member of PPA last year, they would already have registered you with CSA until Dec 2012 - you can phone CSA on 021 557 1212 to get your details and download your membership card (you have to show it when you collect your number).

4. Post Dec 2012 you will have to separately register with CSA for R75 if you want to ride similar events without a day licence (just makes you wonder what PPA is doing with all the extra R75's they have this year).

1. This race will not use PPA numbers as in prior years - you have to collect a number the day before or on the morning of the race ("seeding will be based on your Racetec index")

2. A prerequisite for this race is membership to CSA - otherwise you have to buy a day licence for R35.

3. If you were a member of PPA last year, they would already have registered you with CSA until Dec 2012 - you can phone CSA on 021 557 1212 to get your details and download your membership card (you have to show it when you collect your number).

4. Post Dec 2012 you will have to separately register with CSA for R75 if you want to ride similar events without a day licence (just makes you wonder what PPA is doing with all the extra R75's they have this year).

thanks

Hey babse. Why do you need a ppa number...? :whistling:

Ride wherever they put you....

Yep anywhere in the LONG route will do for me...

anybody have route profiles for the 30km and 60km MTB routes where the ascent is actually visible? thinking of doing the longer route for a change (otherwise do the short and short road on Sunday), but wanna make sure I'll be up for it...

If the 60km route is like last year, most people can do it. I remember last year, the bunch heading out to Paardeberg and I'm just waiting for the climbing to begin. Next thing we turn back to Wellington. No climbing whatsoever. That is actually part of the reason I'm giving it a skip this year.

Where did you get the info regarding the CSA license being valid until Dec 2012 with last years PPA membership? I just registered and logged on to CSA and it shows that my license has lapsed.

anybody have route profiles for the 30km and 60km MTB routes where the ascent is actually visible? thinking of doing the longer route for a change (otherwise do the short and short road on Sunday), but wanna make sure I'll be up for it...

I'm not sure if this will help, it's a pretty small print to start with.

post-35765-0-77008000-1349173339_thumb.jpg

Where did you get the info regarding the CSA license being valid until Dec 2012 with last years PPA membership? I just registered and logged on to CSA and it shows that my license has lapsed.

All confusing and bewildering this admin stuff between CSA and PPA.

As far as I remember from a previous thread - your current PPA registration is sufficient and 'doubles' as a CSA license.

All confusing and bewildering this admin stuff between CSA and PPA.

As far as I remember from a previous thread - your current PPA registration is sufficient and 'doubles' as a CSA license.

I know, I'm trying to enter for the event and it keeps asking for CSA license and when I say I have one, it still charges me the R75! :eek: