IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

Stumpy

Try Fishhoek for some swimming interval training. Just float out and splash your arms around. Wait till you see the grey triangle. Then SWIM!

You will be damn fast in EL.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Let us know how it goes...

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions please:

Do you think a disk wheel or an 80mm rear wheel would be faster on the East London cycle course?

I recall most pro's running a disk so I assume they did the maths.

Disk is always faster if you can ride one well. In the wet and wild conditions of 2011, the top guys still rode disks.

I rode 60mm in Double Century with gusting side winds probably up to 60 knots. When the wind was on the front quarter, it was sheer hell trying to stay on the bike. On the way back, it was complete magic.

In 70.3, on the return leg, there are some very exposed sections and with a strong cross wind you may be crying for your mommy unless you really were born on a bicycle.

Edited by davem

I rode 60mm in Double Century with gusting side winds probably up to 60 knots. When the wind was on the front quarter, it was sheer hell trying to stay on the bike. On the way back, it was complete magic.

Had an 80mm on the back for DC - that front quarter was hectic!!!!

clap.gif Thanks for the headsup - I arrive in PE on the 22nd so will also do the tri on the 23rd!

Just confirming we can find some accommodation on the 22nd on our drive through to EL ill race on the 23rd!

Just confirming we can find some accommodation on the 22nd on our drive through to EL ill race on the 23rd!

Awesome to see how PE is stepping up to the Triathlon scene!

Awesome to see how PE is stepping up to the Triathlon scene!

PE is a major HUB! Did my first Tri ever there a few years ago - BSG at Hobie thumbup1.gif

good stuff.

Their entry page is a little confusing.. Gives the option to enter an upcoming single race or the entire series. The upcoming single race option doesn't seem specific to any particular race though. As i clearly can't make the next one (16th) I decided to abort my entry until after this weekend... hopefully I won't forget to enter next week!

good stuff.

Their entry page is a little confusing.. Gives the option to enter an upcoming single race or the entire series. The upcoming single race option doesn't seem specific to any particular race though. As i clearly can't make the next one (16th) I decided to abort my entry until after this weekend... hopefully I won't forget to enter next week!

Im sure you can register on the day, I did the one in St Francis 2 years ago and that was the case. I wont be racing, cracked a rib at a mtb race this weekend

There is also a ocean series over the festive period if I remember correctly so you can get a couple of sea swims in

Edited by JGR

Im sure you can register on the day, I did the one in St Francis 2 years ago and that was the case. I wont be racing, cracked a rib at a mtb race this weekend

There is also a ocean series over the festive period if I remember correctly so you can get a couple of sea swims in

that sucks man. Hope you recover quickly - still doing 70.3?

I looked at the ocean swim series but the dates don't seem to align with my time in PE... All good for the 23rd though - have entered now.

that sucks man. Hope you recover quickly - still doing 70.3?

I looked at the ocean swim series but the dates don't seem to align with my time in PE... All good for the 23rd though - have entered now.

Yeah - its quite nasty and have to wear huge uncomfortable strappings ... had to most amazing weather the last few days and tons of time to train - sooo frustrated. Going back to the Dr end of the week and will have a sense then. Wont be able to do much until then so it will be a world of pain if i do enter ...

DaveM I have some seriously bad news.

The Garf has aquired a 4 spoke front and rear disk wheel.

So now you will only see me after the race. Also maybe look out for my scratch pole in T2.

DaveM I have some seriously bad news.

The Garf has aquired a 4 spoke front and rear disk wheel.

So now you will only see me after the race. Also maybe look out for my scratch pole in T2.

The smack talk begins! clap.gif

The only place you will catch me is in the bar que at the awards cermony

Edited by JGR