IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

If you are too slow, then Stumpy will be the perfect nickname for the Hub.

w00t.gif

The hubber Stumpy swam in the sea,

with a great white shark approaching his knee,

all the surfers and all the fishermen

couldn't put Stumpy together again.

Sorry Stumpy, without the sharks, that water is still too cold for me to swim in even with 2 wetsuits on. But then again, I have to wear my wetsuit when taking a bath ph34r.png

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Results arent out yets but roughly from my data/memory

19min/1h27/1h01 but not sure of the total time with transition but i think either just under or just over 3hrs. Transition wasnt great - couldnt find my stupid bucket and lost a couple of mins.

Looks like they missed you at the checkpoints? That sucks, wouldn't have been happy if that had happened to me.

Just saw the results: http://www.jailbreak...qOX4E=&tabid=38

Guy's name is Tristan Kelly and that one serious ass kicking he dealt out.

That name sounds familiar. If I remember correctly in the Triathlon Plus Ironman mag, it was either this year or last year's 70.3 issue, they rated him as a contender to win his age group.

Edit: Got the Ironman magazine in the post yesterday, which reminded me in which magazine it was.

Edited by Blindspot

Hi All,

i am gonna be in CapeTown From 21 dec.

I thought it would do me well to do some ocean swims in my wetsuit.

Anyone know of a nice/Proper/Decent spot...Or do I just Pitch and Play and Pray to be safe???unsure.png

Here you go:

http://1soms.co.za/

I will be in PE for a few days before Christmas for a triathlon. I don't know PE that well, so which route can I use for some decent 3 hr rides while I am there?

I will be in PE for a few days before Christmas for a triathlon. I don't know PE that well, so which route can I use for some decent 3 hr rides while I am there?

What triathlon is that?

The Seaview road and Marine drive loop is the preferred route I would guess. There will always be fellow cyclists on that route and it's pretty much the same route for IMSA. I would turn around at Maitland. There you can do some hill training.

I will be in PE from the 23 Dec to 7 Jan.

What triathlon is that?

The Seaview road and Marine drive loop is the preferred route I would guess. There will always be fellow cyclists on that route and it's pretty much the same route for IMSA. I would turn around at Maitland. There you can do some hill training.

I will be in PE from the 23 Dec to 7 Jan.

This one on the 23rd: http://www.zports.co.za/Home.aspx?EventKey=f3e13fd0-9c62-44d8-b0ed-d40d0d041a51

Sprint Triathlon, just to get some transition and sea swim in race conditions practice.

Thanks, I will have a look on Google Maps.

Looks like they missed you at the checkpoints? That sucks, wouldn't have been happy if that had happened to me.

yeah, was a little bleak. I emailed them already and asked about it - I have both my data files for the run and bike, they also show the time of day so hopefully they can sort it out. Im not a big fan of this calling out numbers vibe - just get timing chips for petes sake.

This one on the 23rd: http://www.zports.co...ed-d40d0d041a51

Sprint Triathlon, just to get some transition and sea swim in race conditions practice.

Thanks, I will have a look on Google Maps.

Im driving from CT to EL and might be there on the 23rd passing through. I might just enter this!!!

I did the race in Cape St Francis on the 26th .. a few years ago - was quite fun.

Edited by JGR

Hi All,

i am gonna be in CapeTown From 21 dec.

I thought it would do me well to do some ocean swims in my wetsuit.

Anyone know of a nice/Proper/Decent spot...Or do I just Pitch and Play and Pray to be safe???unsure.png

Every Saturday at Clifton 4th beach there are swim sessions. They have bouys and lifeguards ect. R20 contribution and its from 7-9am, Silvermine is also a great option - you can take the family and they can picnic ect at the dam and you can hike ect afterwards. If you have your MTB you can drop into Tokai from there as well

Im driving from CT to EL and might be there on the 23rd passing through. I might just enter this!!!

There is also a race in Cape St Francis on the 26th .. did it a few years ago - was quite fun.

Yeah, I did the PE one last year as well. It was fun and relaxed. I plan to take easy and just enjoy the morning out.

Yeah, I did the PE one last year as well. It was fun and relaxed. I plan to take easy and just enjoy the morning out.

If it starts at Pollocks then is should be the same route that was used for the BSG triathlon which is on Marine drive.

Just did a Google Street view run through the bike and run route. The Bike route looks like the N14 part of the 94.7 till the turnaround, my worst part!

Is there anybody going to the South Coast for the holidays? Is there some form of open water swimming with a club, or do some guys go out on specific days etc.?