This country is sick

This place is sick. Starting to work on my fiancé for us to emigrate. My contribution will be appreciated more somewhere else....

make sure you don't immigrate into countries where this kind of scenario would be perfectly acceptable. Sadly I know various European capitals where parents do an equally shoddy job of parenting on a regular basis.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think straight man, the glue got to you! We are talking about children not knowing how to behave!

What does this have to do with misbehaving adults (paedophiles, criminals, drug addicts)?

Were YOU born with a insticinctive knowledge of where the boundaries were? Or did your parents & mates taught that to you. Maybe even donnered it into you if your skull was too thick to grasp what was required of you?

Hey, I haven't touched the glue for well over a year!

Children of that age know very well how to behave, its not like they were at home playing Barbie, passed out from Oros and this then suddenly happened.

No I was not born with an instinctive knowledge and yes I was taught what was right and wrong by my parents.

Whenever I did something wrong though I just blamed the devil... :whistling:

I feel this happens because no discipline is enforced at home anymore, and it is all but outlawed at School, so no discipline is enforced / taught at school anymore. Hell, the Government is busy outlawing corporal punishment at home too. HOW THE HELL MUST YOU NOW DISCIPLINE A CHILD? :cursing:

They know it (the children), exploits it to the fullest, and it will lead to a total breakdown of morals and values.

Edited by Wannabe

I feel this happens because no discipline is enforced at home anymore, and it is all but outlawed at School. Hell, the Government is busy outlawing corpoaral punishment at home too. HOW THE HELL MUST YOU NOW DISCIPLINE A CHILD? :cursing:

They know it (the children), exploits it to the fullest, and it will lead to a total breakdown of morals and values.

Government se moer. If a kid is old enough to answer yes or no when you ask them if they want a juicebox, they are old enough to start learning right from wrong. If after much guidance at that point as to what's right and wrong, and they still step over the line, there will be glowing backsides.

I feel this happens because no discipline is enforced at home anymore, and it is all but outlawed at School, so no discipline is enforced / taught at school anymore. Hell, the Government is busy ...OW THE HELL MUST YOU NOW DISCIPLINE A CHILD?... :cursing:

Don't leave marks...

Don't leave marks...

My folks were scared of hitting me. When I was about 11 I decorated my whole room with Childline stickers! Not that my folks gave me a hiding often, but I made them think twice whenever they wanted to. A couple of calls to Childline drastically lessened the hidings...

Thinking about it now, I must have been an absolute terrorist to raise...

I feel this happens because no discipline is enforced at home anymore, and it is all but outlawed at School, so no discipline is enforced / taught at school anymore. Hell, the Government is busy outlawing corporal punishment at home too. HOW THE HELL MUST YOU NOW DISCIPLINE A CHILD? :cursing:

X-fu@#ing-zactly

Don't leave marks...

They are "educated" at school about their "human rights" and will quickly learn to go and report a hiding they got at home. The parents will then be arrested, as I am sure it will fall under Domestic Violence, for which there is no other option than arrest and Court Appearance. The Public Prosecutor then decides if bail can be given or not. So this is going to ruin many a life if this legislation goes through. Kids will exploit this law and report a beating (even if there were none) out of spite if things does not go their way or if they cannot get what they want, and the parent will then be persecuted.

THIS IS GOING TO OPEN ONE HELL OF A CAN OF WORMS!!!

My mum always used to look at us and say:

See this finger?

See this thumb?

See this fist?

You better run…

And, boy, did we run! :eek:

Did anyone hear of the story of the teacher beating up a female student, I'm not sure if its old or not. He flings the girl by her hair across the classroom then proceeds to pummel her. I watched it on Youtube about a week ago, as it was filmed by one of the other students in the clasrroom, I think it was in Mpumalanga.

Here is a link

They just showed it on eNAC.

Not an awesome childhood, but introducing those three items with a bit of discipline probably kept you out of jail as an adult.

Not entirely. Spent the odd night in the cells… :blush:

post-36275-0-77199100-1346920789.jpg

I do, and I had an really awesome childhood. I realised later, once I "grew up", that I was an absolute terror and that my Mom (and teachers) had no other options than to tan my hide regularly.

Hey, I haven't touched the glue for well over a year!

Children of that age know very well how to behave, its not like they were at home playing Barbie, passed out from Oros and this then suddenly happened.

No I was not born with an instinctive knowledge and yes I was taught what was right and wrong by my parents.

Whenever I did something wrong though I just blamed the devil... :whistling:

How do they know? Where did they pick up how to behave? Were they born with the knowledge, or did they fall on their heads in a special way for this behavioural knowledge to be 'implanted'? or.... did society (family - parents, uncles, aunts, friends, teachers, church?) taught them how to behave?

How do they know? Where did they pick up how to behave? Were they born with the knowledge, or did they fall on their heads in a special way for this behavioural knowledge to be 'implanted'? or.... did society (family - parents, uncles, aunts, friends, teachers, church?) taught them how to behave?

this part

Edited by Escapee..