How bad are these GatorSkins?

sluiper

No issues from Gator Skins and have probably done around 30,000km's on that brand of tyre.

What I will tell you is tat when you get your first puncture under normal riding conditions with a Gator Skin that is the time to purchase a new one but you should get in many many km's before that occurs.

Oh and you shuold not be falling your ass off either with them, doubt it is a tyre problem,

Same issue with my gator skins , donated them to another chap and bought a set of Vittoria

EVO CX 320TPI from CWC at the same price R450 the foldable model .

I will never look back .

My 695 has never felt better .

i had the same problem yesterday with my gators... but i think thats because it was pissing down with rain on 90% of my ride :huh:

In the wet most tyres have ZERO grip.

Did you pray a lot ??

My gators have done 1500k's 1 puncture due to 20mm nail and no slipping. All tyres are slippery when brand new and caution is always recommended this goes for cars, bikes, bicycles etc.

In the wet most tyres have ZERO grip.

Did you pray a lot ??

yep, the lack of grip and brakes is quite a scary (yet fun) combination.

Been riding Gators for years on my training wheels and have never had any of these problems. I agree they are a bit tight to slip over a rim though, but on training rides you have enough time for this anyway.

I have tried a few other tyres, but in my my experience, nothing seems to beat them for mileage. Remember they are not designed to be a racing tyre.

I have only ever heard good things about Gatorskins. This is the first negative comment. looking at your original post. Did you pay R800 each for the Gators or R800 per set?

I have only ever heard good things about Gatorskins. This is the first negative comment. looking at your original post. Did you pay R800 each for the Gators or R800 per set?

Probably R800 ea unless Conti have made Gators in a tubby.

R800 for the set. I could probably have gotten them cheaper, but I was so p*ssed off after my ride I went to that LBS in Canal Walk and bought them there.