Chain Reaction Cycles experience

Clinton1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive, standard delivery, no need for tracked delivery!

Once you have purchased you get an email from CRC saying your order has been dispatched and a link to track and manage your order via the CRC website. If you view your order , right at the top it will say order complete, method of shipping (Royal Mail), date of shipping and shipping reference (which is ususally an EE reference number).

You can track it internationally on http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html (if you want to)

You can then phone SAPO (0860 111 502) quoting this EE number and they will give you the local inbound ZA number (if has arrived in the country), which you can then ask them where it currently is (usually at customs), else track and trace online via the SAPO website http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ using the local ZA tracking number

:thumbup:

I have relooked at my orders in my account and their is no EE order reference for Royalmail. As CRC also states on their website their is no means of tracking a Royalmail parcel. the only number supplied is an Order ID which is only a reference for your order and not a shipping number.

Royal Mail = Royal Fail!

Out of about 15 orders, I've used Royal Mail twice. First time the order took 5 weeks. Second one... well, I don't even know if it got here! After 6 weeks I mailed and demanded a resend via Parcelforce.

Stick to Parcelforce. Faster. Trackable.

I have relooked at my orders in my account and their is no EE order reference for Royalmail. As CRC also states on their website their is no means of tracking a Royalmail parcel. the only number supplied is an Order ID which is only a reference for your order and not a shipping number.

All my orders look like this at the top when you view the order details (and all have been sent with South African Standard Shipping R99)

Shipping Details for OrderID: 8653827

Order Item Status: Complete

Shipping Method: Parcel Force International | Shipping Date: 03/08/2012 00:00:00 | Shipping Reference: EE178786625GB

Shipping Details for OrderID: 8338614

Order Item Status: Complete

Shipping Method: Parcel Force International | Shipping Date: 08/06/2012 00:00:00 | Shipping Reference: EE178516038GB

Edited by shaper

Have never used the parcelforce option. I like things for free plus I'm a patient oke. My last order took 3 weeks. Will have to try the paid option sometime if its urgent.

Have never used the parcelforce option. I like things for free plus I'm a patient oke. My last order took 3 weeks. Will have to try the paid option sometime if its urgent.

or just spend more ;) Orders over R2000 get free shipping via parcelforce

or just spend more ;) Orders over R2000 get free shipping via parcelforce

Not anymore. All my orders over ZAR 2000 and was sent via Royalmail. You pay R199 now for PF. DHL is 199 under 2kg.

Edited by MCipollini

Not anymore. All my orders over ZAR 2000 and was sent via Royalmail. You pay R99 now for PF. DHL is 199 under 2kg.

post-615-0-46123100-1347365740.jpg

Edited by splat

Its coming Splat. Hopefully by end of week. Its two weeks tomorrow from dispatch date. I threw another order in on Sunday. My credit card is takIng a serious beating.

Its coming Splat. Hopefully by end of week. Its two weeks tomorrow from dispatch date. I threw another order in on Sunday. My credit card is takIng a serious beating.

:thumbup:

What I lack in patience, you make up for.

I would have paid extra and DHL'ed it so I could have it in my dirty hands ASAP :blush:

Can anybody tell me what they were charged (duties) for wheelsets? I'm itching but don't want to pay what I saved on duties...

No duty. Just VAT (which I've had range from 13-15%)

Last order I placed said that too. But I took a chance on the "South Africa Standard Delivery" and it was free, via Parcelforce, and trackable.

Leap of faith, but turned out fine :D

post-10758-0-73071300-1347367567.jpg

Can anybody tell me what they were charged (duties) for wheelsets? I'm itching but don't want to pay what I saved on duties...

You'll only pay 15% VAT - there are no duties on wheelsets.

Check out the Duty Calculator