Carbon MTB Handlebars

428 others

I ride with a carbon enve bar on my 29er since I fitted it no more numb hands, previously Ive ridden for 3 years on KCNC sc bone bar and no problems at all, but then I dont put huge pressure on my handlebar, Ive had a couple of good falls at speed with both sets of bars and besides a few scratches no other signs of damage.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snapped my Ritchey wcs carbon bar last year on the To Hell and Back,but it was a mother of all falls.Ride a Answer pro tape carbon bar and took small falls and still holding up fine.But every time i go down Swartberg pass I cant help to think"did that little fall damaged the structure of this bar"!!!

I have only seen 2 broken seat posts in all the

mtb races that I have done so far , and both were actually aluminium ! What I'm saying is that when you fall badly , or land with your butt very hard on your saddle from a jump , anything can break . Like most things in life ; buy a reputable brand , and chances are that it will last longer . The top guys spend quite a bit on R&D , and their quality control is usually up to scratch .

Snapped my Ritchey wcs carbon bar last year on the To Hell and Back,but it was a mother of all falls.Ride a Answer pro tape carbon bar and took small falls and still holding up fine.But every time i go down Swartberg pass I cant help to think"did that little fall damaged the structure of this bar"!!!

But carbon never shows any signs of stress - it just snaps. Like that Santa Cruz video from a while back. Awesome vid showing why carbon is stronger than aluminium. But yes, I have my bar for about a year now, after seeing some photos online I do get a bit nervous using them - but its Ritchey so should last a while longer and haven't had any hectic knocks or crashes in a long time - touch wood.

I ride with a carbon enve bar on my 29er since I fitted it no more numb hands, previously Ive ridden for 3 years on KCNC sc bone bar and no problems at all, but then I dont put huge pressure on my handlebar, Ive had a couple of good falls at speed with both sets of bars and besides a few scratches no other signs of damage.

Where did you buy it, and how much was it?

Where did you buy it, and how much was it?

contact Carl Calvery 0829231825 he is the kzn enve representative.