Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

I would highly recommend going with one of the stock black forks if the colour is that important to you. Even the best spray or powder coat job is nowhere near a factory coat and with the effort you are putting into your build will wear badly and annoy you.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly recommend going with one of the stock black forks if the colour is that important to you. Even the best spray or powder coat job is nowhere near a factory coat and with the effort you are putting into your build will wear badly and annoy you.

Noted! Thank you :)

STILL waiting for replacement frame :thumbdown: CWC have not yet received it from their supplier. Once they do get it, it will be 2-3 days for courier to Potch. Obviously I'm not getting a frame this week :(

All other components and goodies waiting for customs clearance.

On a happier note, I just got these :wub:

post-32658-0-59643800-1348654631_thumb.jpg

Ooh! Ooh! Me likey very much!

Thanks!

The wheels weigh 765.3g and 889.7g for a total of 1655g inc. the Stan's yellow tape. Not bad considering Hope Pro 2 Evos are not the lightest hubs by a long shot!

post-32658-0-97610800-1348655049_thumb.jpg

Thanks Marnitz @ Dingo Cycles Potchefstroom.

Looooook awesome.

Same look that I'm going to be going for, black rims, black spokes, red hub.

G

STILL waiting for replacement frame :thumbdown: CWC have not yet received it from their supplier. Once they do get it, it will be 2-3 days for courier to Potch. Obviously I'm not getting a frame this week :(

Can I ask,

What rims are these again,

how much did the wheelset set you back?

G

Thanks!

The wheels weigh 765.3g and 889.7g for a total of 1655g inc. the Stan's yellow tape. Not bad considering Hope Pro 2 Evos are not the lightest hubs by a long shot!

post-32658-0-97610800-1348655049_thumb.jpg

Thanks Marnitz @ Dingo Cycles Potchefstroom.

hehehe

not sure, not cold enough atm.

Still deciding if I'm bying the wheelset as a complete buy from buycycle or buy parts and have build.

want brass nipples. so thats option for the self build. for the buy from buycycle, have to find out what the options are.

G

Do you have red nipples? :P

What rims are these again,

how much did the wheelset set you back?

The rims are 12k gloss carbon 30mm wide XC/AM rims from Light-Bicycle. The rims were $165 each. Hubs bought from CRC @ about R2300 inc Vat. Two sets of DT Swiss anodized nipples ~ R470 inc VAT. The build plus DT Swiss Revolution spokes cost R1664.

Shame D i feel for you :cursing: ,Paid for your bike & now you still waiting..I would prob fly down & make heads roll( some boeps need a sjamboking in cpt),shocking SERVICE from CWC. :thumbdown:

This is really disappointing to read. Obviously CWC knew your frame was an old model when they sold it to you which is why they offered it at 23k. The 2012 version with 142x12 was priced up by Dragon when released.

I cannot for the life of me see how it takes them this long to phone Dragon and get a replacement. Or phone another shop and do a swap for you.

Shame D i feel for you :cursing: ,Paid for your bike & now you still waiting..I would prob fly down & make heads roll( some boeps need a sjamboking in cpt),shocking SERVICE from CWC. :thumbdown:

This is really disappointing to read. Obviously CWC knew your frame was an old model when they sold it to you which is why they offered it at 23k. The 2012 version with 142x12 was priced up by Dragon when released.

I cannot for the life of me see how it takes them this long to phone Dragon and get a replacement. Or phone another shop and do a swap for you.

Yeah, service isn't what I had hoped for <_< Not sure whether CWC or Dragon are to blame.

Yeah, service isn't what I had hoped for <_< Not sure whether CWC or Dragon are to blame.

They betta sjambok a dragon then ..... :w00t:

How can Dragon be to blame? CWC delivered you the wrong frame hoping to get away with it. The one they had in stock at a reduced price.

Hi D

Give CWC a call, have a personal chat with Chris Jr.

G