Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Not sure. It takes 2-3 working days for frames to/from CPT. CWC might want to wait for the 2012 frame to arrive safely before shipping the replacement. (For all they know I could be sending them a box of clothes hangers!) Worst case scenario, maybe Wednesday next week?

EDIT: The replacement will look exactly like the 2012 frame except for rear axle.

Edited by Delilah

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh well, time to bite the nails, wait for the wheel set, go mad.

G

Not sure. It takes 2-3 working days for frames to/from CPT. CWC might want to wait for the 2012 frame to arrive safely before shipping the replacement. (For all they know I could be sending them a box of clothes hangers!) Worst case scenario, maybe Wednesday next week?

Today I ordered the groupset for this build. I have to warn you all: TheV's prices are so good that you'll end up buying more expensive goodies than you originally budgeted for :eek: Bad things are sure to happen to your credit card!

EDIT: Oh, and still no wheelset. The LBS has been busy, so only the front wheel is finished. It looks good though :thumbup:

Edited by Delilah

Hi Caerus. The frame I originally received was a 2012 model with rear drop-outs. I specifically requested the 2013 with thru-axle 12x142. CWC just made a mistake and will be sending a replacement frame as soon as they receive it from their supplier.

Today I ordered the groupset for this build. I have to warn you all: TheV's prices are so good that you'll end up buying more expensive goodies than you originally budgeted for :eek: Bad things are sure to happen to your credit card!

Yeah, I can testify to that! He's a bugger, isn't he? :)

hehhee

your stuff part of his Thursday night order, hehehe, I controlled myself, did not place a order for anything this time :D

G

EDIT: Oh, and still no wheelset. The LBS has been busy, so only the front wheel is finished. It looks good though :thumbup:

Yeah, I can testify to that! He's a bugger, isn't he? :)

Yep :lol: A very nice, helpful and charming bugger. He really does not seem to be selling you anything other than what you asked for, but the next thing you know you've upgraded 80% of the parts!

Aaah, but he is very sweet and even convinced me to save a few $$$ by opting for SLX brakes (with XT Ice-tech rotors) that are apparently just as good as XT. Mind you, the savings never made it back to my pocket as I promptly spent in on a bit of XTR bling :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great service V! I can't wait for the courier guy's visit!

EDIT: @awesme: I dunno how you managed to resist the siren's call...

Edited by Delilah

Yep :lol: A very nice, helpful and charming bugger. He really does not seem to be selling you anything other than what you asked for, but the next thing you know you've upgraded 80% of the parts!

Aaah, but he is very sweet and even convinced me to save a few $$$ by opting for SLX brakes (with XT Ice-tech rotors) that are apparently just as good as XT. Mind you, the savings never made it back to my pocket as I promptly spent in on a bit of XTR bling :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great service V! I can't wait for the courier guy's visit!

EDIT: @awesme: I dunno how you managed to resist the siren's call...

ROFL. Yeah. I was going to get a set of SLX brakes from CRC before the V hit me up with a set of XX's at a steal of a price. More than the SLX, obviously, but how could I say no?

The tyres just arrived. Bought them from Easybike at a really good price. Unfortunately they sent the wrong size. LOL! First the wrong frame, now the wrong tyres :rolleyes: Anyway, Matthew from Easybike is sending a replacement set and the courier will collect the 2.25's at the same time to take back. With the public holiday on Monday the switch will happen Tuesday.

post-32658-0-65401800-1348220849_thumb.jpg

Well... just from the parts basket i'm involved with, And with the items already disclosed here, all I can say is that this is going to be one sick bike...

Complete XTR drivetrain, shadow+ clutch rd, xtr ispec shifters.. Oooooh sick....

Delilah, when did the drive train change to XTR, sure you mentioned XT before, hehehe

G

Well... just from the parts basket i'm involved with, And with the items already disclosed here, all I can say is that this is going to be one sick bike...

Complete XTR drivetrain, shadow+ clutch rd, xtr ispec shifters.. Oooooh sick....

Delilah, when did the drive train change to XTR, sure you mentioned XT before, hehehe

TheV happened! :P

Just have to convince her that a white forks with Kashima coating wont be the end of the world...

OCD is a b1tch! :(