Morewood Zula or Santacruz Superlight ?

MTB Climber

Hi,

I am looking at buying a new frame for XC riding, I cannot decide between Morewood Zula and Santacruz Superlight, any suggestions

Tough call...

both are "boutique brands". both single pivot.

but at the end of the day, I personally would go for the Zula... the Superlight looks quite dated.

(plus I'm a Morewood groupie)

Zula has great lines, it is a Morewood and if you flex the rear stays on the two the Zula is far stiffer.

The 650 b zula is also launching soon,not that im into big wheels. The guys at Morewood are great to deal with aswell and its a bonus that they are in SA for backup

Tough call... both are "boutique brands". both single pivot. but at the end of the day, I personally would go for the Zula... the Superlight looks quite dated. (plus I'm a Morewood groupie)

Shame on you. Making my Superlight feel old :P.

If you are a heavier rider, the Zula is better. It has a larger diameter pivot linking the rear triangle to the main frame. Less flex and more control in the corners.

I'm a Santa Cruz fan. The geometry is spot on for me.

I owned a Morewood Kwela frame, never will i buy this product again.

It cracked after 6 months and i was told that they would not replace it as the frame was manufactured 3 years before i bought it. I bought it from a bike shop who got it from Morewoods distributing agent.

It appears to me that Morewood s warranty is active from date of manufacture and not date of sale.

buy the Santa Cruz.!

Much more important to buy backed up products than superlight,pretty,fast etc.

Hi,

I am looking at buying a new frame for XC riding, I cannot decide between Morewood Zula and Santacruz Superlight, any suggestions

It is so nice to see that there are still people out there with good taste in bikes. Lately all the bike choice related threads on the hub starts with "Which 29er?" without looking at things like geometry, suspension design etc.

To be honest I think you will be happy with any of the two bikes.

It cracked after 6 months and i was told that they would not replace it as the frame was manufactured 3 years before i bought it. I bought it from a bike shop who got it from Morewoods distributing agent.

It appears to me that Morewood s warranty is active from date of manufacture and not date of sale.

buy the Santa Cruz.!

Whilst is is rather unfortunate that your frame cracked. I'm not so sure about that "date of manufacture" warranty theory.

Also, remember that the Kwela is not the same as most other morewoods... ie, it was mass produced in the far east, and not handmade in PMB. So one cannot paint all Morewoods with the same brush

Meet Mr and Mrs Cruz. Like Fantana says I reckon you'd be happy with either of the brands but no prizes for guessing which one I'd go for though you can pick up Zula's dirt cheap these days.

post-3611-0-52274900-1347525068.jpg

It is so nice to see that there are still people out there with good taste in bikes. Lately all the bike choice related threads on the hub starts with "Which 29er?" without looking at things like geometry, suspension design etc.

To be honest I think you will be happy with any of the two bikes.

Agreed

I have the Superlight and my son has the Zula.Much of a muchness.Both great bikes that relish tight and twisty single track.Stick a 120mm Fox on the front with some Crossmax wheels and you won't look back.In fact if you ask me nicely I'll sell you my SC for 15K

buy the Santa Cruz.!

Hang on .... did your LBS tell you this bull or Morewood themselves?