UCI Road Championships 2012, Linberg, The Netherlands, 15-23 September 2012

'Dale

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with Voeckler.

Just checked the dstv guide and can't find it on the listing. Is it being broadcasted on dstv today?

11:19:59 CEST

His bike has problems, but he may hve injured himself as well. He is back up and going, so let's hope he is ok.

Finally a break makes it:

215km remaining from 261km

12:02:36 CEST

Not ten, but eleven riders: Lastras (ESP), Cataldo (ITA), Duggan (USA), Howes (USA), Coppel (FRA), Anacona (COL), Mezgec (SLO), Isaichev (RUS), Buts (UKR), Ferrari (URU), and Kangert (EST).

Cavendish has done a fair share of work on the front in the early stages. As the outgoing world champion he's racing today as a sign of respect for the rainbow jersey. With little chance of a sprint, he's devoted all of his energies to GB.

171km remaining from 261km

13:01:06 CEST

We have covered about 90km and the gap is nearly at six minutes. There is still a very long way to go, though.

Some SA riders contributing to some history:

13:04:29 CEST

We have three sets of brothers in the race today, with Slovakia even having two pairs: Peter and Juraj Sagan, and Martin and Peter Velits. The other pair is Jacques and Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg of South Africa.

12:53:40 CEST

It is a big field today, 203 riders from 46 different countries. Team sizes range from nine riders to one.