The Audiophile/reference music thread.

Wyatt Earp

Which Audioquest do you have ?

I met old A.J. what a nice man, he even commissioned Schalk to build him some amps.

Glad I re-ignited your hunger to finish that amp :thumbup:

Not sure which Audioquest it was. Bought it in 1991. The outer insulation is a French Blue color. The writing has been rubbed off long ago. I think it was Audioquest Turquoise.

Edited by Moridin

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of respect for Van Den Hul cables.

Always dreamed of having some of those but alas running Monster Bi-wire speaker cable and not sure what the interconnecting ones are.

Not sure which Audioquest it was. Bought it in 1991. The outer insulation is a French Blue color. The writing has been rubbed off long ago. I think it was Audioquest Turquoise.

No wonder you didn't like them, it's an old design and a downgrade on the D102.

The DBS cables are awesome.

Had the Van Den Hul Revelation and replaced those with the Audioquest Mont Blanc.

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like will have to start looking for a new CD player soon. My trusty Rotel RCD865BX is now showing it's age. Drawer doesn't want to open anymore. Suggestions for a replacement welcome. Just remember that I am not a millionare. :mellow:

BTW, my Krell KSA-50 clone is taking shape. Main boards are almost populated and my toroidal transformers from Jan Senekal and his boys will be here on Monday. 2 X 500VA 28-0-28 taps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great test track for my system.

The bass is full and makes the woofers in the Logans work well and the vocal and acoustic really brings out the best in those ESL panels.

Chris Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h6MoF7HLA&feature=related

Finally managed to get a copy of this song and took my 604's out for some excersize with them and WOW this is a great song and it realy made them come to their own right together with the NAD 216THX. Thanks Dangle that was just an awesome experience...!!!!!!!!!!

Finally managed to get a copy of this song and took my 604's out for some excersize with them and WOW this is a great song and it realy made them come to their own right together with the NAD 216THX. Thanks Dangle that was just an awesome experience...!!!!!!!!!!

Only a pleasure bud.

Here is another one to try.

Only a pleasure bud.

Here is another one to try.

Wow I have a Marantz PM 5003 with a set of B&W 686's connected to the PC and even on this it is awesome.. need to get a copy...

Wow I have a Marantz PM 5003 with a set of B&W 686's connected to the PC and even on this it is awesome.. need to get a copy...

I play that when Schalk comes to visit, play it on vinyl through the Avid Volvere Sequel with SME V arm and ZYX 4D. cartridge.

I will not lie when I tell you it gives goose flesh and brings a tear.

Got these on either side if my Mac connected with an external Soundcard. The sound that these guys produce is so clear and pure it is just awesome.

They are studio speakers used during production.

post-19733-0-33802500-1351797782_thumb.png

post-19733-0-18704500-1351797789_thumb.png