Ever wondered how the Argus and the Jock Cycle Classique compares to the TdF?

HDW

It's actually stupid to compare. Ask the guys in the Netherlands and Belgium whether their flat 200km races are less difficult than the Italian and Spanish mountain races.

Par for the course.

BUT what was you last ARGUS time ?? Never mind the epic, attekwas, pioneer, sani,jhb2c etc !! lol.

True dat! Silly how we feel flattered when we ride a decent Argus, etc, and then you see the above image.

The MTB stage races are obviously a lot tougher, but the above just gives a good comparison because all 3 events are road races

It's actually stupid to compare. Ask the guys in the Netherlands and Belgium whether their flat 200km races are less difficult than the Italian and Spanish mountain races.

Par for the course.

Ja man, all I'm trying to say is that if your legs are burning up Suikerbossie, and you feel like you had a hard days race, just imagine what they will feel like on one of the TdF stages.

It's just for interests sake

Par for the course.

Funrides here start at 120km and have 10% plus gradients.All the routes are hard but eish those mountains are something else.

Ja man, all I'm trying to say is that if your legs are burning up Suikerbossie, and you feel like you had a hard days race, just imagine what they will feel like on one of the TdF stages.

Day after day with sore legs and body.

Day after day with sore legs and body.

Good point! My initial intend with this thread was to maybe gain some insight into the toll it takes on you, having something to "compare" it to, as most of us will probably never ride one of those routes.

Good point! My initial intend with this thread was to maybe gain some insight into the toll it takes on you, having something to "compare" it to, as most of us will probably never ride one of those routes.

One also needs to take into account the caliber of the athlete, these are professional athletes not employees and office jockeys who only take a few spins on the weekend to reduce stress and increase the feel good endorphin's.

Its a bit like comparing a professional formula one driver and a youngster just passed his driving test.

........but indeed, big,big hills.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

One also needs to take into account the caliber of the athlete, these are professional athletes not employees and office jockeys who only take a few spins on the weekend to reduce stress and increase the feel good endorphin's.

Its a bit like comparing a professional formula one driver and a youngster just passed his driving test.

........but indeed, big,big hills.!

I know, I know, but that's not what I'm on about. All I'm saying is this cleared up a couple of things for me, who cycle my little legs off trying to get a good Argus time, and then think it was a tough race!! I know we probably feel the same amount of pain and discomfort as they do on their rides, it just makes for some interesting reading. :thumbup:

I know, I know, but that's not what I'm on about. All I'm saying is this cleared up a couple of things for me, who cycle my little legs off trying to get a good Argus time, and then think it was a tough race!! I know we probably feel the same amount of pain and discomfort as they do on their rides, it just makes for some interesting reading. :thumbup:

Yeah, I know what you mean,........ but wait till you hit my age, just getting up out of bed is an issue.! :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean,........ but wait till you hit my age, just getting up out of bed is an issue.! :lol:

Ha!! Keep increasing the warm up period :whistling: