Watt Bike

dracs

Nobody Cares ;)

thanks spongebob :thumbup: . It has more impact when you say it with the rainbow.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/325/426/1ec.jpg

Were these just at the one gym?

don't know - so far I have only seen them at Sunninghill. I see they have evaluation forms with the bikes so it may be a pilot to see what reaction is like before rolling out further...

• 1 year later...

Its a great invention, especially for road cyclists. Mountain biking (especially when technical) forces you to pedal equally hard with both legs. That is why mtb makes for good preparation for road cycling as well. I have been using the Trixters (mountain bike simulators) for a while, equally novel. I used the mechanical ones and the moment you add the arms you HR rockets. The electronic one is even more fancy - they host XCO world champs on it. Last one was won by Greg Minnaar, and the beauty is each rider can participate from his own country. Its more like a XCO time trail.

Hi do you know where you can buy trixster in South Africa?

2 of my mates in the UK have wattbikes - both bought specifically for training through the UK winter for the Epic this year. Both of them are extremely happy with the device and service from wattbike uk - and they both finished in mostly good order... few dents and scratches, but nothing that won't polish out eventually....

One of them will be back in SA for his first full ironman next year in PE - again after a winter mostly on the wattbike.

• 2 months later...

Sunninghill VA.. i also sometimes go to Bedfordview and Greenstone VA's but neither have them as yet so not sure how wide spread they are.

VA Bedfordview got 3 last week

VA Bedfordview got 3 last week

great, hopefully more to follow at other VA's... the 3 they had at Sunninghill disappeared some time ago.

great, hopefully more to follow at other VA's... the 3 they had at Sunninghill disappeared some time ago.

Maybe the ones that is now at Bedfordview

I really like these, i use them pretty often in the US.

They're a little more purposeful than normal spinning bike.

Leander Club in the UK actually has the Wattbikes from the GB track team with Hoy's etc names still on them. :whistling:

• 3 months later...