[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

Why? Please explain why a Scott would be so much better? would the frame NOT get dirty?

The stuff that break are components, not the frame.

Hi Karma, on a Scott presently and happy with it, just a little brand banter jumping on the back on Haleyearth comment.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karma, on a Scott presently and happy with it, just a little brand banter jumping on the back on Haleyearth comment.

Ahh ok, thought so. thumbup1.gif

This race was tough I am glad I finished it, I must say the race was fun UP UNTIL THE LASE RIVER PART!!!

Booking in my bike for a Major Service today...

Why? Please explain why a Scott would be so much better? would the frame NOT get dirty?

The stuff that break are components, not the frame.

Scott comes out with better components than what your bike has on....that is why I said it. The 1st deal you get it better.

I looked at my tyres/pedals and recall reading about mud-shedding. I still wonder how that works

Also saw them doing this (mid twenties oke doing 70km - blue board)

Used a similar strategy, tool in a can and silicone as all i had fri evening.

Other used on the offroad bikes are:

Mr Min

Q20

Silcone

Scott comes out with better components than what your bike has on....that is why I said it. The 1st deal you get it better.

That's debatable.

I would have trashed my linkages in that mudfest, I have to do a Joberg2C payment in the next month or so and just can't afford it. My BB as it is, is haning by a ballhair after some nursing and cleanup so it wouldn't have made it.

I would have trashed my linkages in that mudfest, I have to do a Joberg2C payment in the next month or so and just can't afford it. My BB as it is, is haning by a ballhair after some nursing and cleanup so it wouldn't have made it.

And wimpy tastes better than a LBS bill + Mud.

I'm excited already thinking of J2C clap.gif

And wimpy tastes better than a LBS bill + Mud.

Too true....I calculated the damage to be close to 2 grand(pads, linkages, BB) if I did it...that excludes chain and cassette(which will probably also never be the same again)

Look if it was a stage at sani, joberg2c or towers...screw it, I would have ridden that GF moertoe, but for a 1 day race...nah

Too true....I calculated the damage to be close to 2 grand(pads, linkages, BB) if I did it...that excludes chain and cassette(which will probably also never be the same again)

Look if it was a stage at sani, joberg2c or towers...screw it, I would have ridden that GF moertoe, but for a 1 day race...nah

Presies - saving the comp's for the 24hr rather.

Been contemplating also doing the J2C, see they got the Red Bull "racing stages" included in the race.

Looks interesting!drool.gif

Woke up at 5AM, set off, got to Lanseria where it started to P1$$ down, saw some really dark clouds over the Magaliesberg, turned around and went back home and got back into bed, snug as a bug, by 6:30. Felt like a bit of a sissie for not riding, but I'm not up for riding through peanut butter and messing up my components again like I did on Berg and Bush. Starting a ride when it's raining and you're wet and cold just isn't fun.

I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only one that turned around and canned it, thought there was a chance I might read that the rain stopped just before the race started, the sun came out, and everyone had the race of their lives! Woohoo clap.gif

Very impressed with the people that rode. I'm even impressed with the people that drove all the way there thumbup1.gif

Been contemplating also doing the J2C, see they got the Red Bull "racing stages" included in the race.

Looks interesting!drool.gif

Its gonna be legendary, the umko descent is one I have heard, gonna go for gold there.....or die eek.gif