MTB trails in Hazyview

madmarc

Going to Hazyview at the end of the month for 5 days. Can anyone make suggestions of some 30 - 50km MTB rides in the area, Mankele is an option for 1 day due to the distance so looking for something closer, to ride every morning.

• 11 months later...

Hi MadMarc,

I'm also in the Hazyview area from the 11th Oct to 17th Oct 5 days. looking for the same as you are 30-50Km MTB Rides or some routes to down load to my Garmin Edge 800. let me know if you find any thing to ride.

This was actually my post from last year, nevertheless, I went to Induna Adventures on the Hazyview / Sabie Road, paid the 40 bucks and rode their trails. they have a map (not the best map) but once you get to know the route the trails are awesome. some serious climbs and descents, also some lekka single track next to the river. Remember to stop to see the waterfalls and take some pics.

Be carefull of the glentanna bush it will cut you to ribbons and being an ex Lowvelder beware of snakes coming out of hibernation this time of the year.

You can ride from merry pebbles.

Some of the best riding I have ever been on.

Sabie rocks

Is there a trail from Sabie to Hazyview ?

Induna has some great trails, been there from 15-20th sept. Word of warning, it is very hot, be sure to carry enough water and hydration along. All in all, induna has a lot of nice singletrack and technical parts that will make you tired.

• 1 year later...

Its a good question. I cycled Induna and wasn't sure if I was in the right place. Did 12kms that felt like I was on a 4x4 course. It was HECTIC...some lekker areas but man oh man it was tough, unless I was just horribly lost.

That said its a lekker place, I would pay the 70 just for the experience of doing it.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys. I'll be in Hazyview next week. 

Definitely going to check out Induna Adventures for a ride or two.

Is there anything else around there that'll be worth exploring?

• 8 months later...

i rode Induna today. Did the black and the grey.

Was good riding, but compared to Karkloof @ R40, their R80 was quite steep. 

the views were good and nice riding by the river, but not much bespoke single track. Still, if you in the area, its a good ride. Would get boring if it was your everyweekend ride. 

Ride there from hazyview, to add 28kms to the ride. Good road and wide shoulder.

Did induna red and some of black that I missed yesterday. It was excellent riding. Good climbs and nice trail by the river.

Archived