Powertap blues

RABUBI

A question for all the people with Powerap

I am starting to have a problem with my PT SL.

With the training in Gauteng in January, we did a few rides in the rain. I noticed over the last week that the PT starts missing portions where is does not show any watts, and on Saturday it drizzled again and the PT stopped working 10 minutes into the ride.

So on Saturday after the ride I opened up the tap, to let it dry, if the problem was moisture, and it worked on Sunday, but the watts is displayed intermittent, missing at least 5 seconds or so every minute.

Any technicall advice on how to handle this?

I also sent a mail to Adrian at powertap, but while I am waiting for his reply later today, maybe someone else also has this problem, they can help.

Hey Rabubi,

I know Adrian is busy shifting offices but I'm sure he'll get to you ASAP. I had the same problem a while back. Also opened up the hub to let it dry.

At the end of the day I changed the batteries in the hub and CPU and re-positioned the receiver on the rear fork and ever since it's been working 100%. If you do decide to change the batteries try get the lithium one's.

Hope you come right! It's crap if you look down and only see

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

I changed the batteries in December, with Lithium ones, I'll try the receiver re-positioning, and see if it works.

Worse than load shedding.

Hey Rabubi' date='

I know Adrian is busy shifting offices but I'm sure he'll get to you ASAP. I had the same problem a while back. Also opened up the hub to let it dry.

At the end of the day I changed the batteries in the hub and CPU and re-positioned the receiver on the rear fork and ever since it's been working 100%. If you do decide to change the batteries try get the lithium one's.

Hope you come right! It's crap if you look down and only see

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---
[/quote']

Had similar issues with mine. It was opened by my LBS and they tightned something inside and also let it dry out. Worked fine after that.

Oh yes the receiver position was also tweaked a little, moved to chainstay and the signal pick up improved.