Time vs Look Pedals

Spinnekop

So........It has been a while since I have gone for the Hub's advice.....but seeing there is so much knowledge out there....let's hear from the boys and girls what they think.....

I have been a Time pedal guy for most of my 17 years of cycling.

Two years ago I went for the i-Clics. Not a bad pedal but they are now a bit 'worn'.

Time has released their new Xspesso pedals which will hit the shelves in about 2-4 months I suppose.

Looking at current pricing they should come in between R2500-R3500 I guess for the Ti stuff.

Going for the normal 'racer' option should be around R1500 plus minus.

Now......Speedplay is not an option as they require special shoes in my case.

Next up....Shimano. *Spit*

Lastly?....Look.

I have had looks many many moons ago.

I see you get Ti and then the normal "Look Keo Blad Carbon".

The normal one should do and looks like in the region of R1500-R2000.

So it seems it is a shoot out between Look and the next gen. Time.

Bad thing about Time is that there might be issues being "early adopter" while the Look has been tried and tested. Why not go for the i-Clic 2? I am a bit disappointed about the ones that I have. They don't make me feel that secure when I am out of the saddle and especially in the sprints. Float is enormous!

Anyone with some experience and insights?

Thanks!

I've got the i-Clic 2, Spinnekop.

Really nice float. Solid "click" when I get in the saddle. I like that.

No issues.

It feels good.

mmmmmmm........dammit, you are not helping.....Wait for 3 months and get the times....or go buy the Keo Blades now.....

mmmmmmm........dammit, you are not helping.....Wait for 3 months and get the times....or go buy the Keo Blades now.....

They're both good, I reckon, man.

Go for the best aesthethic.

And...

Why change something (a brand) that is clearly working...

:devil:

Edited by ' Dale

Read the user reviews under the article.

I was surprised by that...

Read it when I sent Spinnekop the link.

Edited by ' Dale

Get Speedplay - I did a few months ago and will not look back. I was on Look Keo for years, great pedals but could not get the cleat back far enough on my new shoes (Sidi). Speedplay make a cleat extender plate that moves the cleat back a lot further. Even with this plate, the shoe-above-pedal-spindle height is the lowest of all pedals.

Speedplay have a standard 3-hole screw pattern just like Look & Time, so I cannot imagine why it won't work on your shoes. Also, get the cafe cleat covers for walking on, the metal cleats are slippery.