Slow, Potentially Fun & Unfit - Breedts Nek - 27 October 2012

DR ◣◢

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies, have you decided what you taking?!!! Your normal stock std MTB or your SS with either your 32x18x26 or 32x16x26 or 34x19 or wait your 34x20? 3x9? :-)

Can I go in the Jeep and wait for you'll on the top with some ice cold beers?

Brilliant just brilliant

Hey ladies, have you decided what you taking?!!! Your normal stock std MTB or your SS with either your 32x18x26 or 32x16x26 or 34x19 or wait your 34x20? 3x9? :-)

Can I go in the Jeep and wait for you'll on the top with some ice cold beers?

Greenj bean - you might have some company on this epic suggerstion!! I would want to catch these brave lads on camera!!! BRILLIANT suggestion!! :clap:

Pleasure.

This was the Saturday that was blowing gales about 3 weekends ago. Made for a tough climb from the shack back to the top as it was into the wind all the way and the road is testing. Not technical though. We also stopped for some peeps from time to time. Fun ride.

Thanks Mons. I have a box of gears on my desk at the moment.

2 cassettes, 5 chains, derailleur, shifters, crankset etc etc.

I think ill be fine for spares.

Are you going to tow a little wagon behind your bike for all your spares? :w00t:

Are you going to tow a little wagon behind your bike for all your spares? :w00t:

Haha. No. That's what the Camelback has those expanding zippers for.

Pleasure.

This was the Saturday that was blowing gales about 3 weekends ago. Made for a tough climb from the shack back to the top as it was into the wind all the way and the road is testing. Not technical though. We also stopped for some peeps from time to time. Fun ride.

We've come a long way from the old days hey. Bombing to Mimosa and back was the most riding we did most days. :D

We've come a long way from the old days hey. Bombing to Mimosa and back was the most riding we did most days. :D

We rode that day to - wind was NASTY cold!! Head on the whole way! Urgh!

For me a 32x32 was fine the last time I rode it, its not as steep as Sabie climbs. I may need a ligter gear this time though, I was in better shape then. (I have not ridden my bike for 2 months, sadly)

Im wondering if im cool enough to ride along, my mtb is a 26 with a tripple, have not even considered changing it. ;-)

Since you thinkyou a pack mule - can you include some stumpies in and snacks for us to eat along our "rest "breaks up the hills

?? You know that bag weighs like ..20kg without all the extra stuff??? Secret training I think (added weights on the sly) - if you need to train harder with weight just ask... none of us girls will mind being towed up the neck!!