One week in PE - where can I ride?

Hi all, I will be working in Port Elizabeth for a week - 28/01/2008 to 01/02/2008, will be staying in Summerstrand area - beachfront. Where can one cycle in that area (PS - Road bike not MTB)? Any advice will be greatly appreciatedClap.

BM,  there are quite a number of options available. 

My rides for this month below.  Do you have a Garmin Edge?  If so, I could provide some tracks you could use. 

Regards

casspir

20080121_061011_pe_cycling_rout.jpg

Hi all' date=' I will be working in Port Elizabeth for a week - 28/01/2008 to 01/02/2008, will be staying in Summerstrand area - beachfront. Where can one cycle in that area (PS - Road bike not MTB)? Any advice will be greatly appreciatedClap. [/quote']

My Advice:  careful for PE - it is the windy city....Ouch

Hi Casspir, looks like I need to update my equipment, can't take a map book on a ride now can I?

Strawberry Mama, I could lean into the wind and not fall down in Cape Town this weekend - anyway, maybe they eat too much baked beans in PELOLLOL

Hi Casspir' date=' looks like I need to update my equipment, can't take a map book on a ride now can I?

Strawberry Mama, I could lean into the wind and not fall down in Cape Town this weekend - anyway, maybe they eat too much baked beans in PELOLLOL
[/quote']

I actually heard they do.  Please don't ride behind any of their cyclists....LOL

the alex race is sunday the 27th.

best for bionic man would be marine drive , up schoenies to seaview.

Hi Windblown, start time for ride, please note - I am ultra slow but still enjoy a good rideWink, working during day so that would be out......

There is a group that rides from 10th ave walmer every morning. ask lbs what time but I think it was around 0530 when I last rode with them.

the alex race is sunday the 27th.

best for bionic man would be marine drive ' date=' up schoenies to seaview.
[/quote']

Hi Conti, Had a look at my outdated mapbook and the ride looks great, will let you know how it goes.....

it still on, 5.30 from the BP garage in walmer.

marine drive to seaview is a great ride.

you will enjoy that Bionic.

not much traffic

There is a group that rides from 10th ave walmer every morning. ask lbs what time but I think it was around 0530 when I last rode with them.

Thanks for that, I might be a bit slow for most groups at the moment so will stick to a ride along Marine drive, give me another 2-3 months then I might keep up with the beginnersLOLLOLLOL

it still on' date=' 5.30 from the BP garage in walmer.

marine drive to seaview is a great ride.

you will enjoy that Bionic.

not much traffic
[/quote']

BP garage on Marine drive close to Spur? Might as well join them then and put my legs to a test(again).