Best Integrated HRM GPS for Cycling & Running

flymango

I use a gamin forerunner 110 for running & cycling

GPS enabled

got mine for R 1700 at sportsmans warehouse without the HRM

Battery life is great if you don't use the HRM, with both GPS and HRM mine lasts about 6 hours

Nike GPS sportswatch sell for around R1700 and uses Tom Tom mapping, it does not have HR but HR can be added with Polar Wearlink and transmitter. I bought one with spare ebucks, It's mainly a running, walking, hiking watch but iv'e used it on the bike as well.

I've been using the 310XT for the last year and half. Rechargeable battery life is pretty good ( max hr rating of 20hrs). You can configure 4 items per display and have at least 4 different displays. I have used it for both Comrades and Argus events.

Have a look at the Motorola MotoActiv. All the info you could dream of here: dcrainmaker.com

yoh yoh, that's pretty cool. available here? doesn't look like it on a googlesearch.

Some fairly divergent views here which I can research. Many thanks so far.

Somehow I'm always gullible to believe most expensive is best, but seems that isn't necessarily the case here.

Some fairly divergent views here which I can research. Many thanks so far.

Somehow I'm always gullible to believe most expensive is best, but seems that isn't necessarily the case here.

Is your other equipment the most expensive? I dont always think that is the case thought

Edited by JGR

Is your other equipment the most expensive? I dont always think that is the case thought.

No, not at all. It's just an impression. Fortunately logic and budget dictate.

No, not at all. It's just an impression. Fortunately logic and budget dictate.

I was in your shoes a few weeks ago and was on the verge of buying the garmin 910 before my gf said she saw the deal and knew I wanted a watch and wanted to get it for me but knew I wanted the garmin which was quite expensive for a gift. A lot of mates have the suntu and ive tried it and it its great but I thought long and hard about what I wanted to get out of the watch. For me it was tracking runs and rides and using the cadence and HRM for IDT and interval training.

I already had a watch with a HRM and the nike chip in the shoe thing which measure distance ect but also realised in all the time I had them I never used all the "trainer" type options. What was important for me was the size and a waterproof feature and a decent battery life. Some of the Garmin fore runners were good but weren't waterproof which only left the ambit, 910, 310 and the Timex IM watch - which are quite bulky and expensive but had amazing features like swim stroke, swim trainers, race mode with one touch transition and all types of really innovative features but ultimately stuff I would probably not use.

To be honest I think all are really good and you should choose the one that fits your needs and your budget, go and try them on and get a feel for the size if you have not already.