Tokai - XC Build Day - 27th October

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys,

I would love to help, I always think while riding the single tracks that it must take alot of work to maintain and we all take it for granted. Having said that I just need to see what my other half has planned fot that day. If I can't make it I would love to help out in the future.

Lylo

If you can't pull in it's understandable. We all have jobs, families, gardens to maintain etc. But if you can't make the 27th then come to the one on the 3rd then. There's a regular build the first Saturday of every month. 1-5pm.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

BTW Those that rode Tokai yesterday were in the presence of Mountain Biking Royalty. Patrick Morewood was up there. He came past so fast but I do believe he was on a PYGA 650B proto.

BTW Those that rode Tokai yesterday were in the presence of Mountain Biking Royalty. Patrick Morewood was up there. He came past so fast but I do believe he was on a PYGA 650B proto.

Long travel?

I'm in, may be a little late ( fetching son from cricket), but will be there as close to 1pm as possible - with a helping pair of junior hands.

I wonder where we are working?

If anyone wants to suggest a piece of trail that has been bugging them/on their repair wish list, you have the mic. Failing that, I nominate Puffadder.

Bring her along. A fun day out in the woods. You can pack a picnic basket and the lot.

This is uncanny, it happened once that a group of wives came along... All was fine, except for them dressing in high heels and outfits not suited to sitting in pine neeedles. NO JOKE! The husbands must have conned them into thinking they were going shopping!

A fun day out in the woods, indeed!

I wonder where we are working?

If anyone wants to suggest a piece of trail that has been bugging them/on their repair wish list, you have the mic. Failing that, I nominate Puffadder.

I concur! That adder has become really poisonous and tricky to get up lately. Pulling a fang or two will do it a lot of good. Maybe add a hairpin or two to lessen the gradient, reduce the erosion and make it longer and more fun at the same time? Along the same lines of what was done on Bluegums? The whole thing can probably be finished in one build session.

(Too much input from me? Sorry, then I won't mention the Bridal path / Switchbacks, because I know that is so much work that it will put volunteers off forever. Better get convict labour for that.)

I concur! That adder has become really poisonous and tricky to get up lately. Pulling a fang or two will do it a lot of good. Maybe add a hairpin or two to lessen the gradient, reduce the erosion and make it longer and more fun at the same time? Along the same lines of what was done on Bluegums? The whole thing can probably be finished in one build session.

(Too much input from me? Sorry, then I won't mention the Bridal path / Switchbacks, because I know that is so much work that it will put volunteers off forever. Better get convict labour for that.)

Dude, Agreed. But Bridal is a case in point - a loooot needs to be done. I reckon it'll just be you, me, D & D, John'o and maybe Crow that pitch in for that one...

Pulling a fang or two will do it a lot of good.

Know any good dentists?

I agree with everything!

Dude, Agreed. But Bridal is a case in point - a loooot needs to be done. I reckon it'll just be you, me, D & D, John'o and maybe Crow that pitch in for that one...

Ha ha, meet you at the top? Walked it this week, man it will be a super cool trail again but drenched in sweat! Know anyone at polsmoor?

Ha ha, meet you at the top? Walked it this week, man it will be a super cool trail again but drenched in sweat! Know anyone at polsmoor?

What about the dudes at the crisalis academy....

And yes - will be an awesome trail again once fixed up.